The Chase Australia

I guarantee he won’t be beaten tomorrow. Seven have built him up for three months so there’s no way he’ll lose in his first outing.

1 Like

I don’t think Matt Parkinson is much of a Chaser. I can’t be bothered watching when he’s on.

2 Likes

Not sure if this will be a permanent thing but instead of Andrew just saying see you next time at the end of the show tonight he threw to The Beast who said ‘England versus Australia is always a good contest, especially when England wins’ and then the show ended. Mark was great tonight. Very entertaining to watch.

1 Like

I just find there isn’t enough banter between the contestants and the Chaser throughout the show… It seems to fast paced, especially the ending. Some times you don’t even get comments from the Chaser after a round. Whether it’s that Andrew O’Keefe talks way to much or something else, I don’t know. But I would like more banter!!

1 Like

Andrew has always thrown to the Chaser at the end for a comment, they just didn’t go back to him afterwards for ‘see you next time…’

This was different as it was a statement directly to the camera to make it feel like he was saying it straight to the viewer. It wasn’t like what usually happens when Andrew asks them for a quick comment after the final chase.

1 Like

They do that on the UK version.

British digital game show channel Challenge TV will start airing the Australian version of The Chase next month.

I wonder if the Brits will hate O’Keefe for his OTT hosting of the show as much as Australian fans of the format do?

1 Like

I don’t find Andrew OTT on this show, and l’m not his biggest fan.Yes Andrew was always OTT when hosting Deal in my opinion.

3 Likes

AOK is great on The Chase. Certainly not OTT.

6 Likes

For the first time a contestant was timed out on a question yesterday. To makes things worse he was actually eliminated on this question and new the correct answer but just failed to push the button in time.

I had wondered if there was a time limit on those. Think everybody was shocked, even the Shark.

EDIT: Or even Super Nerd, but I reckon the Shark was surprised too!

There is definitely a time limit on the UK version. I think the Beast may have fallen for one of those once.

It was the Super Nerd… There is no time limit if neither answer, but as soon as one of them answers, contestant or chaser, the other has 5 seconds to answer. That’s the rule on both programs.

1 Like

Ah crap! That’s right, I’m blaming the man flu for the bad memory. Interesting that the timer only starts once one answers.

Great episode of The Chase tonight. Three contestants qualified and nailed The Beast to claim $79,000…

It really is the contestants that make this program, Michelle the fourth contestant was a laugh.

6 Likes

@NewsKing Was today the first episode we have seen The Beast’ beaten?

Yes it was! I think even he was pretty impressed with the efforts of the team.

I do have to concede though, the only questions he really tripped up on were Australian related ones.

3 Likes

The Beast is great fun. Love it when he stares down a contestant with a massive smile on his face when he is certain of the answer to a question. By my count that is the fourth episode they have shown featuring Mark. Does anyone know how many episodes he filmed?

4 Likes

See The Chase is no longer airing Sundays from today. That was short-lived.

1 Like