The Chase Australia

Interesting read. I think the author may have posted some running stats some time ago in this thread - obviously a committed viewer!

4 Likes

The author is a big fan of the show, and I quoted his stats six months ago when the 600th episode aired.

3 Likes

The final chase is a nightly ‘must watch’ addiction. For those unaware, it’s approximately the final ~10min of an episode.

4 Likes

Who is the supposed “celebrity” Abbey on The Chases tonight? A reality contestant?

Name is Abbey Gelmi, if that helps.

2 Likes

Only to Google who she is. Never heard of her before now. I know we’ve said this so many times before with “celebrity” shows but is she well known enough to be considered a celeb?

1 Like

Abbey Gelmi was part of Seven’s cricket coverage last season.

2 Likes

A former Fox Sports presenter.

1 Like

But did you know that before tonight?

Yes

1 Like

It’s literally the only part I enjoy. The rest of the show feels too slow by comparison.

1 Like

This week’s guests are: Red Symons, Cal Wilson, Merrick Watts and Senator Sarah Hanson-Young.

3 Likes

Wednesday 18 September-

Derryn Hinch, Lauren Jackson,Joel Creasey and Anne Edmonds.

3 Likes

Shame the prime time specials don’t attract a bigger audience than the 5pm show. 3rd or 4th in its timeslot is disappointing. Shame it didn’t successfully convert to prime time but I expected that.

1 Like

It’s easily just cheap and easy to produce filler content for their lacklustre schedule, which obviously isn’t resonating with people seeing the same “celebrities” popping up on all of the networks.

1 Like

Celeb-Chase-Anne-Lauren-Joel-Derryn-97

4 Likes

For FTA, I reckon anything above 300k for a non-juggernaut (that is perceived to be) is a pass mark?

400k and 500k for Dogs, Highway Patrol, etc yes. But well sub-300k for MCG special no. And 300k-500k for any of the commercial networks’ tentpole reality shows no.

1 Like

“Good evening Governess, i’m Derryn Hinch.”

4 Likes

Wednesday 25 September-

Nazeem Hussain, Simon Burke,Lucy Durack and Merv Hughes.IMG_20190925_132204

4 Likes

Anne and Issa will appear at Seven Dome at the Royal Melbourne Show next Monday (September 23) to meet fans from 2pm to 3pm.

2 Likes