The Chase Australia

From what I can recall it just said “coming soon”.

2 Likes

IIRC The Sunrise team on the chase was just a segment on their show for fun. This is a proper series, presumably for charity.

3 Likes

I think the celebrity specials will air on Wednesdays.

Here is the preview:

4 Likes

So I can find a reference to an MKR special in 2017, not sure how it rated, but several ordinary episodes were shown in prime time in January 2016 and came last in their time slot from what I can gather.

You’d presume it’s Sam as she features at the beginning of the promo

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place for it, though here are some “mock” celebrity specials of The Chase Australia that Seven could consider:

Seven News presenters
The Adelaide and Perth newsreading duos
Alt 1: Peter Mitchell, Max Futcher, Sharyn Ghidella and Kay McGrath.

Sunrise reporters
Nathan Templeton, Bianca Stone, David Woiwod and Jessica Ridley.

Home and Away
Ray Meagher, Lynne McGranger, James Stewart and Emily Symons.

Lifestyle Special
Johanna Griggs, Manu Feildel, Fast Ed and Jamie Durie.

Seven AFL
Matthew Richardson, Nat Edwards, Luke Darcy and Sam Lane.

3 Likes

It’s good to see a celebrity version of The Chase Au. Just hope that they’re aren’t too many of these. Having a handful here and there would be good, otherwise, it will just be overkill.

And I know it’s hard to show ads of game-shows without showing too much. But I wish that Seven should show less of “The Final Chase” on the ads of the Chase. They reveal too much sometimes.

4 Likes

It’s best to keep the 6pm news presenters away from this.

Matthew Richardson has previously been on Wheel of Fortune and Sale of the Century

4 Likes

The Celebrity Specials commence Wednesday 21 August at 7.30pm Sunrise hosts are the first to appear.

5 Likes

Another celebrity team in the current promo are Ricki-Lee Coulter, Brendan Jones, Lisa Curry and Kris Smith.

2 Likes

and judging by the promo, all four make the Final Chase…

1 Like

THE CELEBRITY CHASE

Some of Australia’s brightest stars challenge the sharpest Chaser minds when Australia’s 5 o’clock obsession goes prime time in a series of special shows.

The Celebrity Chase isn’t just a quiz, it’s a race where the celebrities must ensure they stay one step ahead of the Chaser, one of the finest quiz brains in the world.

Which Chaser will they face? The Supernerd, Goliath, The Shark, The Governess or The Beast?

Rising to the challenge will be; Sunrise team – Sam, Kochie, Eddy and Beretts , Ricki-Lee , Joel Creasey , Derryn Hinch , Nazeem Hussain , Lucy Durack , Merv Hughes , Lauren Jackson AO , Anne Edmonds , Red Symons , Cal Wilson , Merrick Watts , Sarah Hanson Young , Yvie Jones , Simon Burke , Lawrence Mooney , Abbey Gelmi , Brendan “Jonesy” Jones , Lisa Curry , Kris Smith and Pete Rowsthorn will all have the chance to win money for the charity of their choice.

Will they stay ahead of the Chaser and collect the cash pot or get caught and lose the lot?

Andrew O’Keefe , host of The Celebrity Chase said; "The great Carl Reiner once said that a brilliant mind in panic is a wonderful thing to see. That’s the beauty of these specials… the pressure to be brilliant can bring out the funniest, most unexpected sides of the people we think we know so well.”

Teams of four will face a sequence of quick-fire and multiple-choice question rounds to build up their cash pot, but if they allow the Chaser to catch them, they are out of the game.

Working together, players who make it through to the Final Chase then unite one more time before their common enemy: The Chaser.

The Sunrise team, Samantha Armytage , David Koch , Edwina Bartholomew and Mark Beretta will be the first team to play the game.

Will Sam know which terrestrial planet begins with a vowel? Does Kochie know what the text abbreviation YSK stands for? Can Edwina answer correctly in which world war was the Oscar winning film Kokoda Front Line produced? Will Mark Beretta’s sport knowledge serve him well answering – the term for which automatic car gear position also means a golf shot hit from a tee?

Do they have what it takes to beat the Chaser?

The Celebrity Chase will premiere on Wednesday, 21 August at 7.30pm on Seven.

4 Likes

24 celebrities in the press release means at least 6 episodes.

4 Likes

Episode 1

21 August 2019, 7:30PM
Sunrise’s Samantha Armytage, David Koch, Edwina Bartholomew and Mark Beretta

Episode 2

28 August 2019, 7:30PM
Australia’s Got Talent host Ricki-Lee, Brendan “Jonesy” Jones, Kris Smith and Lisa Curry

Episode 3

4 September 2019, 7:30PM
Pete Rowsthorn, Abbey Gelmi, Lawrence Mooney and Yvie Jones

6 Likes

The laughter and applause sound effects will get a good workout on the third episode.

2 Likes

Just saw a promo, there seems to be audience, like in The Chase UK celebrity episodes.

4 Likes

I just saw the end of this episode last night - a very exciting final chase. I do wish the regular show had an audience too - it adds a level of authenticity and extra energy I think.

5 Likes

Very interesting article with stats on each chaser.
I’m surprised Matt has the highest win rate. I would’ve thought it would’ve been Issa.
Four years since the show started and it hasn’t looked back!

2 Likes

This is awesome, as an avid viewer, thank you!!
Surprised to see Mark and Issa at the bottom. I’ve seen Mark say before “best chasers get the best teams” on Twitter, maybe there’s some truth in that

2 Likes