The Chase Australia

Anne was on Sunrise yesterday it was interesting to learn more about the lady.

3 Likes

The 600th new episode aired yesterday (February 21).

8 Likes

Interesting data towards the bottom of that Google spreadsheet that confirms my suspicions of how Seven is scheduling the episodes.

I donā€™t like it at all and itā€™s one of the reasons I find this and Hot Seat hard to get into (alongside the greedy one-hour run time) because the result seems so fixed by the network. Basically if you want to see the team win you only need to bother tuning in on a Monday or a Tuesday!

Monday - Chaser wins 43.26% of the time
Tuesday - Chaser wins 68.71% of the time
Wednesday - Chaser wins 91.49% of the time
Thursday - Chaser wins 99.31% of the time
Friday - repeats

5 Likes

Itā€™s an open secret. When I went to a taping of Hot Seat a few years back, we were told that Nine always schedules the higher winners earlier in the week, as apparently more people watch the show compared to Thursday and Friday.

3 Likes

This may already have been answered along the way - is there a studio audience for this show ? Iā€™ve never seen them, and not sure if itā€™s canned or not.

There isnā€™t one it is canned

3 Likes

Surprised that Matt has the best win rate of the permanent team, though he is my favourite.

I didnā€™t realise Shaun only did seven eps, and only four as of late Feb with Cheryl. Has she been on much since then?

1 Like

Used to always watch the final chase before switching over to Nine News when I came home from work but havenā€™t bothered since Andrew Oā€™Keefe behaved like a douchebag towards that photographer on the steps of the Downing Centre court earlier this month.

Same.

Daily Telegraph

Production on Channel 7 quiz show The Chase has been suspended due to emotionally exhausted host Andrew OKeefe taking a sudden leave of absence to deal with a long-term health crisis.

The Chase will run repeat episodes next week.

1 Like

I hope Andrew Oā€™Keefe gets better quickly.

Probably wise to save new episodes until two weeks time, to air after the Easter non-ratings fortnight. Since they film episodes of The Chase in advance.

2 Likes

All of next weekā€™s episodes were already scheduled as repeat episodes from 2 years ago - not sure why that was mentioned in the story.

3 Likes

To try and make it more dramatic than it is.

1 Like

New episodes return next Monday (April 29) after the Easter break. However, due to the Leadersā€™ Debate between Scott Morrison and Bill Shorten, The Chase Australia will be shown in WA at the earlier time of 3pm, the timeslot for the UK version. The show returns to the normal 5pm timeslot on Tuesday in WA.

4 Likes

Next week (May 20-24) is Families Week, according to a promo shown last night.

Sunday Herald Sun reports that Andrew Oā€™Keefe will resume filming new episodes in the first week of June, starting with a series of celebrity challenges.
EDIT 9/6: guest contestants include the Sunrise team, as well as Derryn Hinch, Joel Creasey, Merrick Watts and Cal Wilson.

4 Likes

a celebrity version of The Chase? Nice. Surprising it has taken this long to film these specials.

The UK Version has had Celebrity specials for some time now (and some funny clips online too).

2 Likes

Itā€™s been reported the Sunrise crew filmed an episode last week.

4 Likes

Havenā€™t they previously done some that didnā€™t rate that well?

A promo has just aired on Seven teasing several celebrity specials, including a Sunrise-themed one. Looks like there will be a live studio audience as well, like the celeb specials in the UK.

EARLY SPOILER: Looks like one of Sam or Nat WONā€™T make the Final Chase, from what I saw it was only Mark, Eddy and David.

3 Likes

Any video of the promo or when it will air?