The Chase Australia

Probably because Bradley Walsh isn’t as polarising as AOK.

I like AOK on Deal or No Deal but he isn’t the best for a rather serious quiz show like The Chase.

Simon Reeve would be a better host. Restrained, serious yet humourous when needed.

5 Likes

Gave me a heart attack reading that first part! It’s the only decent quiz show on TV at the moment. It actually has a decent amount of questions in an episode and a good range of them. Although I would like to know the sources of questions as there have regularly been questions similar to ones used in a pub trivia which I run. It’s happened on several occasions but the timing is interesting, the episodes of the Chase are filmed in advance obviously but the questions will be within a couple of days of them appearing in my quiz! It must be purely coincidental but it is strange.

Nope, would much rather AOK. Not a huge fan of him but unfortunately it seems like Simon Reeve just can’t really make the quiz shows a success and has to do the kids ones.

1 Like

Andrew O’Keefe is in hot water again, with more footage having emerged of his drunken antics from 2009.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/page-13/andrew-okeefe-on-the-chasers-again/news-story/bafe50b1a74850406dfe947934945077

1 Like

I’m not sure a single tabloid article about a video from almost a decade ago equates to hot water.

3 Likes

Anne Hegerty has joined the upcoming UK season of I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, to be filmed in Murwillumbah in northern NSW.

Also, I have seen ads on Seven recently inviting viewers to apply to compete on the show.

She is better than the beast who they tried getting on the show a few seasons ago.

New Chaser “Tiger Mum” (Asian lady) is coming to the show in 2019. First promo aired tonight during the innings break of BBL match between the Renegades and Scorchers. The promo suggests she has filmed a number of episodes already.

Don’t like the name ‘Tiger Mum’. She does look like she could be a good addition to the program and good to see not only another female on there, but it’s also good to see they got an Australian talent instead of someone from the British version.

Ugh, the names are so cringe :nauseated_face:

Who is this ‘Tiger mum’ person?

It’s the first time I heard of her.

EDIT: according to Friday’s News Corp papers, her real name is Cheryl Toh.

EDIT 29/12: Andrew O’Keefe did an interview with Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne this week and this is what he said about Cheryl:

I am very excited. I have really been on Channel 7’s back about getting more gender equity into the show. We have up until now only had one female Chaser. It takes a while to work someone up and I am absolutely thrilled Cheryl is now on the show. She is an interesting character, she is whip smart, she chose the name. I think the fact she is not an Anglo Saxon Australian is another fantastic thing.

Today’s episode in Perth was on yesterday strange

Some keen fans of the show plus Issa (the Supernerd) spotted the mix up too.

1 Like

Looks like Cheryl the Tiger Mum will make her first appearance on the show’s season premiere on Monday, based on the promo aired this evening during Seven News Melbourne. The premiere was moved forward after the early end to the day/night cricket test between Australia and Sri Lanka.

It was always scheduled for Monday.

4 Likes
1 Like

She doesn’t quite have the “edge” that a chaser needs.

1 Like

Absolutely agree

What do you mean by “edge”?

1 Like

2 Likes