The Chase Australia

Am I the only one who actually really enjoys The Chase, particularly the final 10min?

No.

Much more interesting than Millionaire as well

4 Likes

Considering it regularly attracts 600,000 viewers, Iā€™m gonna say no.

(The final Chase is the best round though)

9 Likes

I can happily sit through an hour of the British show but canā€™t stand more than ten minutes of Andrew Oā€™Keefe. Iā€™ll watch the final chase before switching over to Nine News only because Oā€™Keefe is the lesser of three evils- Maguire and Bailey being the other two.

7 Likes

After having to endure two weeks of Millionaire with the tennis being on, Iā€™m glad The Chase is back. Andrew Oā€™Keefe doesnā€™t worry me but when I watch a quiz show, I want quiz questions, not hearing a dozen life stories with a couple of quiz questions thrown in.

5 Likes

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/olympics-coverage/627/1724?u=lukemovieman

This half hour episode is old too, it isnā€™t even new!! It must have been from back in the Melbourne Cup racing season in 2015 since The Beast wasnā€™t even in the line up of Chasers.

Adelaide got the hour episode, as well as Brisbane and Perth. Sydney/Melbourne will likely get this new episode this Friday when there is normally a repeat episode.

1 Like

Adelaide got 1 hour.

2 Likes

Did you have the guy in the suit with a beard from Google and the PhD lady?

What was the first 30min?

Yes I did have these two people in the half hour episode I saw. It was only 30 minutes long, there was no first 30 minutesā€¦

Have we already seen all the episodes that The Destroyer was set to appear in? I havenā€™t seen him in several weeks nowā€¦

Edit: It has been over a month now since he last appeared so I think we can all but conclude that he was just a guest chaser for only three episodes I have counted, particularly since he has never appeared in the line-up of chasers at the start of each episode. Bit of a shame really since I thought he is a great chaser and I would love to have seen more of him with Australian contestants on the Australian version of the show. There was such a fuss made of him in the promos at the start of the year too so I thought we would have been seeing more of him than we have been

In todayā€™s show, there was one contestant who really made an embarrassment of himself, not scoring any money/getting any questions right at all in the cash builder round!! Iā€™m not sure how many times before that has happened in the Australian version of the show at least. When it came to facing the chaser, he only had two offers to choose from, either the $0 from the cash builder round or a high offer; there was no low offer given, not even a minus offer. This could have been because he was the first contestant.

The rest of the contestants werenā€™t much better; the episode resulted in a lazarus round final chase. Weā€™ve seen this before obviously but I donā€™t know if these two things have happened in the same episode before either.

To top it all off; the Beast nearly set a chase world record by going a whole episode with a 100% strike rate, if it wasnā€™t for two stumbles in the final chase.

It was interesting to see this play out so I thought it was worth a mention. Can anyone confirm if they have seen this scenario before on the Australian version of the show?

2 Likes

Battle of the Brains starts next Monday April 16 at 5pm. According to the promo, each episode will feature a Chaser against a team of scientists, teachers and doctors.

Itā€™s just a promotional line I think, nothing special.

Had been watching 7Two with the Comm Games coverage last night and then left the room for a while, went back in and was watching Million Dollar Minute which last night featured one very young and nervous looking Brydon Coverdale as a contestant. It was like a before they were famous sort of thing.

5 Likes

Wow. I didnā€™t realise he was a contestant on Million Dollar Minute.

A few months ago. I was flicking through the channels in the afternoon, and I saw a bit of Letters And Numbers (repeat) over on SBS. Brydon Coverdale was a contestant on that show too, and looked quite young and nervous too. I wonder what other game shows he has been on? haha.

4 Likes

According to Wikipedia, heā€™s been on a number of game shows including Deal or no Deal, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Weakest Link, Sale of the Century, Wheel of Fortune, and Pass the Buck.

2 Likes

Coverdale is also one of the main reporters for Cricket news site ESPNCricinfo. Pretty sure heā€™s had that job for at least a decade.

It appears as though I was wrong. There are promos running at the moment for another episode that The Destroyer will appear in and I believe it is a new episode and not one of the three that has already aired. This is certainly a bit unusual though, I believe the last episode he appeared in aired back in February during the Winter Olympics, 2 and a half months ago!! Why has Seven been holding back on the remaining episodes he appeared in? Iā€™d almost completely forgotten that he was a guest chaser on our version of the show. I would have thought Seven would have aired them all much closer together.

But according to ā€˜trustno1ā€™ from TV Tonight he did an 8 episode guest appearance so there will be another 4 episodes after this one that he is still to appear in which makes things all the more unusual, particularly when he is never listed in the line up of chasers eitherā€¦

2 Likes

The Chase Australia has been axed after just a couple of weeks in prime time on Prime TV New Zealand.

The Chase Australia had previously aired in prime time on TVNZ1 over summer before being relegated to weekday mornings.

For context, Prime targets a mix of a niche audience traditionally but is becoming a bit broader.

The UK Chase rates very well for TVNZ1 at 5pm every night.

1 Like