The Challenge Australia

A new reality show is coming to 10 and Paramount+ in mid 2022.

The media giant is launching four versions of the show and airing them on its broadcast TV networks in the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom and Argentina, and streaming episodes on Paramount+ globally the following day…

Contestants will be reality TV stars from those countries, and the winner from each version will compete in a ten-episode “War of the Worlds” that will air on Paramount+ globally beginning in August.

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/exclusive-viacomcbss-paramount-thinks-local-go-global-with-streaming-2022-02-15/

Promo
https://twitter.com/paramountplus/status/1493712727176404993

1 Like

We haven’t heard much about this but from 10’s mid year report it’s coming later this year (probably in Q4).

I wonder if it’s going to be a normal Australian version + the War of the Worlds edition or will it just be the War of the Worlds edition with Australian contestants?

According to Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne, the Australian version of The Challenge is preparing to start filming in Argentina in August.

The MTV version of this show isn’t bad at times but as a weekly thing, when they strip them it becomes unwatchable.

There are rumours of contestants floating about, so I guess they must be close to filming and jetting off to Argentina. From the names going around it sounds like a real mix of people from numerous reality shows across all the networks will be involved.

Calling it The Challenge Australia now.

1 Like

Brihony Dawson Is Up For The Challenge.

The Challenge Australia. Coming Soon.

Highly-anticipated reality juggernaut, The Challenge Australia, has secured one of Australia’s most exciting new talents, Brihony Dawson, to host 10’s take on the international smash hit The Challenge.

Across their career, sports commentator, songwriter and entertainer, Brihony has commanded the attention of crowds on some of the biggest stages including NYC Pride, Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, the Australian Formula One Grand Prix, AFLW Grand Final, W-Awards and Women’s Footy Show.

But, how will they navigate the terrain, the elements, brutal challenges and the personalities of some of Australia’s biggest reality stars? Challenge accepted.

Brihony said: “The Challenge Australia is going to be like nothing we’ve seen before on Australian TV. It’s high impact, high intensity and will push the contestants to their absolute best.

“Mental toughness is going to be the main attribute to get contestants through this game. There is a lot of physicality needed, but it’s the mentally strong who will ultimately be successful. All this while living in an uber luxe villa together in Argentina.”

The Challenge Australia will be filmed in and around Buenos Aires, Argentina, and see Australia’s most-talked about reality stars compete with and against each other, in extreme challenges that push both their mind and bodies past breaking point.

With an ever-changing game, players will be in a constant state of paranoia, unable to trust anyone but themselves.

And if you thought they’d go back to their own private Instagram-worthy suite at the end of a hard day, think again. They’ll be living under the same roof!

On the line is $200,000 in prize money and their entry into the first ever The Challenge: Global Championship where they will represent Australia in hopes to be the first ever Challenge World Champion.

With old rivalries, new alliances, messy exes, and fractured friendships to navigate, who has what it takes to go down in reality television history, as Australia’s first Challenge Champion?

2 Likes

So like Big Brother VIP?

Sarah, 44, will compete against the likes of fellow bride Cyrell Paule, The Bachelor’s Brittany Hockley and Bachelorette’s Ciarran Stott to win a $250,000 pay cheque.

The Challenge will also include The Voice’s Jack Vidgen, The Bachelor’s Kiki Morris, and The Bachelorette’s Brooke Blurton and Konrad Bień-Stephen.

It comes after Jessika Power confirmed she would no longer appear on the show just days before she was due to fly overseas, despite originally being cast.

EDIT: Daily Mail adds that former Olympian Emily Seebohm, actress and fashion designer Suzan Mutesi, The Bachelor’s Kiki Morris and Megan Marx, Big Brother Australia’s Marley Biyendolo and I’m Celebrity Get Me Out of Here’s David Subritzky were snapped at the airport leaving for Argentina.

Is this show going to 10 or paramount?

1 Like

Lots of reasons not to watch this. Ever.

2 Likes

ffs

So it’s basically washed up reality hacks from a pool of washed up reality hacks?

Where’s the appeal in that? People have moved on from these know it alls.

2 Likes

Might be worth checking out the format and casting of The Challenge if you haven’t already.

Way too many Bach contestants however.

I really like the choice of host for this one. When I lost a little faith in 10 they have gone in a new direction. Restores some faith that we aren’t going backwards in media representation.

At first glance I can’t say I recognise too many people…

Australia’s Most Talked About Celebs Take On A Whole New Challenge.

The Challenge Australia. Coming Soon.

They may have survived the Australian outback and jungle; attempted to find love in a mansion, at first sight, on an island and in paradise; handled the heat in the kitchen; ninja’d their way through obstacle courses; come out on top in the ring, the pool, a camera-filled house and on the ‘gram; but who has what it takes to win 10’s highly-anticipated reality juggernaut The Challenge Australia?

The Challenge is one of the world’s most successful television franchises, with 38 seasons under its belt. Now it’s time Australia’s most talked about celebrities get their chance on The Challenge Australia.

Twenty two of Australia’s biggest names are set to compete in the most unpredictable and demanding game of their lives. Among those brave enough to take on the intense competition are:

Brittany Hockley Podcaster, Radio Host and Actor
Jack Vidgen Australia’s Got Talent Season 5 / I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Season 7 / Ninja Warrior Season 6 / The Masked Singer Australia Season 3
Cyrell Paule Married At First Sight Season 6
Ryan Gallagher Married At First Sight Season 5 / I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Season 6
Brooke Blurton The Bachelor Australia Season 3 / Bachelor In Paradise Australia Season 2 / The Bachelorette Australia Season 5 / Podcaster
Ciarran Stott The Bachelorette Australia Season 5 / Bachelor In Paradise Australia Season 3 / The Bachelorette Sweden
Brooke Jowett Australian Survivor Season 3 / Australian Survivor All Stars
Emily Seebohm I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Season 8 / Ninja Warrior Season 6 / Olympian
David Subritzky I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Season 8
Konrad Bien-Stephen The Bachelorette Australia Season 5
Jessica Brody The Bachelor Australia Season 7 / Bachelor in Paradise Australia Season 3
Billy Dib Pro Boxer
Suzan Mutesi Actress / Influencer
Troy Cullen Ninja Warrior Seasons 3, 4 and 5
Sugar Neekz Johnson Pro Boxer
Marley Biyendolo Big Brother Australia Season 13
Megan Marx The Bachelor Australia Season 4 / Bachelor In Paradise Australia Season 1
Kiki Morris The Bachelor Australia Season 4 / Bachelor In Paradise Australia Season 3
Conor Curran MasterChef Australia Season 13
Johnny Eastoe Australian Survivor Season 4
Audrey Kanongara Love Island Australia Season 3
Grant Crapp Love Island Australia Season 1

Hosted by Brihony Dawson and filmed in Buenos Aires, Argentina, The Challenge Australia will see an algorithm randomly pair challengers to compete in gruelling physical contests, test strategies, survive eliminations, cutthroat alliances and steamy hook-ups to win daily challenges and eliminate their opponents.

The finale male and female challengers will be declared Challenge champions by the end of the season, winning $100,000 each in prize money and their entry into the first ever The Challenge: Global Championship, where they will represent Australia in hopes to be the first ever Challenge World Champion.

With old rivalries, new alliances, messy exes, and fractured friendships to navigate, who has what it takes to go down in reality television history, as Australia’s first Challenge Champion?

But actually they’re mostly only reality show contestants.

1 Like