The Celebrity Apprentice

He appeared on Masked Singer in 2019 and returned to The Voice in 2020 so I presume if he was on a contract it would’ve started after his Masked Singer appearance.

Will be interesting to see how he goes on this show.

1 Like

Premiere date

4 Likes

The promos this year seems to be pretty much identical (bar the different celebrities). Not much creativity by Nine.

2 Likes

Welcome back to the battle of the boardroom – premiere Sunday May 22 at 7.00PM on Channel 9 & 9Now

All bets are off when Celebrity Apprentice Australia returns in the most high-stakes, high-pressure, larger-than-life season ever on Sunday, May 22, at 7.00pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

The celebrities are bigger, the tasks are grander, and the amount of money raised for charity has never been seen before on Celebrity Apprentice . And that’s just episode one.

CEO Lord Alan Sugar reprises his tough as nails, no-nonsense role in the boardroom, along with his trusted advisers, Boost Juice pioneer Janine Allis and program newcomer, businessman and entrepreneur Nick Bell . Under their watchful gaze, the 16 celebrities will battle it out in an intense game of survival of the savviest, pulling out all stops to raise money for their chosen charities.

Exciting new game play will ramp up the competition among the celebrities as they face off each week, using their industry contacts, unique skills and public profiles to sideline their competitors and avoid those two dreaded words – “you’re fired.”

The road to winning Celebrity Apprentice will be paved with tricky twists and turns, moments of heart-warming vulnerability, special celebrity guest cameos, and sweetened with $100,000 in prize money for the winner’s charity.

Joining Lord Sugar in the boardroom this season are:

– One of Australia’s most inspirational women, author and motivational speaker Turia Pitt

– National hosts of Australia’s No. 1 Drive radio show, KIIS FM’s Will and Woody

– Dual Olympic gold medallist and world champion swimmer Bronte Campbell

– Logie Award-winning actress, model and Australian sweetheart Jodi Gordon

– Rugby league great and Wests Tigers legend Benji Marshall

– ARIA Award Winning Musician Amy Shark

Real Housewives of Melbourne star Gamble Breaux

Married at First Sight’s most controversial bride and socialite Beck Zemek

– Hollywood actor and Australian Film Institute award winner Vince Colosimo

– Winner of X-Factor , ARIA Award winner and singer-songwriter Samantha Jade

– A queen of Australian comedy, trailblazer and author Jean Kittson

– Renowned television presenter and actor Darren McMullen

– The face of Givenchy and international supermodel Jarrod Scottt

– Secretary to former NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian and social media sensation Carla from Bankstown

– One of The Block’s most successful All-Stars, renovation expert Ronnie Caceres

– Two-time Australian Ninja Warrior semi-finalist and former international NRL star Eloni Vunakece

Celebrity Apprentice Australia is produced by Warner Bros. International Television Production Australia for the 9Network, based on the format created by Mark Burnett and distributed by MGM.

1 Like

I only saw bits of the show last night, but was Amy Shark on it? I didn’t see her.

Also who did Nick Bell replace?

Nick Bell replaced Lorna-Jane Clarkson as advisor.

2 Likes

She was probably too busy creating a new activewear range to protect against Monkeypox.

2 Likes

There’s been a handful of times when the producer has been heard talking to the contestants. I know it’s been done on The Block, but has this been the case for The Apprentice before? It’s annoying.

1 Like

I didn’t see the first episode but watched the second and was very underwhelmed. The task was boring and both of the teams pretty much bombed on it completely. It also seems like a much weaker cast this season with a few unlikeable people particularly on the guys team. Half the girls team didn’t even really get any airtime.

3 Likes

Some of these tasks are silly. Last night the team that got the better campsite were always going to win. It just seems unfair when one team gets a significant advantage over the others.

I wondered the same thing but she isn’t there despite being in the promo’s. She must be joining later in the season like last time where they had some celebs join a few episodes in. I’ve heard a rumour of another ex-MAFS contestant possibly joining too.

Why do they insist on having a graphic on screen at the beginning of the episode asking viewers to vote on social media as to who should be fired.

It’s so dumb. We haven’t seen the episode yet to see how the celebrities went. Why ask at the start of the episode?

It’s a bit like Lego Masters when they had a graphic just after the episode had started, asking viewers to go to the program website to vote on their favourite model, when they had not even seen each team’s concept for that challenge.

Jodi Gordon, who was fired at the end of episode 3 of this season, is on the cover of Stellar magazine this Sunday.

1 Like

This might explain Ronnies aggressive attitude especially towards Turia (he pronounces Tewrea)

He was doing this and the end of The Block where he came last so he had something to prove.

Just caught up on latest ep. Awkward that they had cameos from Lauren Phillips and Cameron Williams who have both since left the network and I’m sure I saw Cameron in the audience for the Subway promotion in Pitt St mall

2 Likes

I would hardly call that awkward. I also don’t think Lauren has left the network because she still appears on Postcards.

1 Like

This season wraps up on Tuesday 21 June.

And probably forever. This season has been ‘meh’ at best, with some very boring choices for celebrities and the tasks seem to be cheap and tacky as well (probably because they spent all their money on Lord Sugar).

Let’s face it, if it wasn’t for Big Brother flopping big time too this show’s ratings would be the laughing stock of Australian reality TV at the moment.

I will be very surprised if this comes back next year considering the poor ratings this year and Lord Sugar’s not cheap. But knowing Nine they’ll probably bring it back instead of trying a new reality format that could resonate with the audience better than this reboot.