The Bold & The Beautiful

Please tell me Brooke and (fake) Ridge aren’t getting married… AGAIN!? :persevere:

2 Likes

This show is like a merry go round. One minute with their partner, the next they are onto a different partner. Its almost, as if you didn’t miss a thing, that’s if you haven’t watched it in yonks. I also may add, its a bit slow in the story line.

4 Likes

Yes @LukeMovieMan Brooke is suppose to marry Ridge again,she has been married to him a few times before and married nearly every other guy in the show over the years :joy:.

2 Likes

@TheHubMan Yep l remember Brooke slept with her daughter’s boyfriend once or twice :laughing:.

1 Like

Yes.

With Oliver in 2010 (at a masquerade party).

I use to watch the show regularly.

Can’t believe Steffy, Liam, Katie and Bill are still in it!

1 Like

Amanda Keller just said on The Living Room that her scenes as a reporter at the Opera House will be shown on Wednesday.

& Deacon too

3 Likes

Some more behind the scenes of the Australian episodes featuring Studio 10 reporter David Robinson who has a role playing a priest was shown on Studio 10 this morning.

3 Likes

The Opera House seems strangely quite :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or quiet.:wink:

It can be that quiet early in the morning but they obviously restricted access.

Channel 10 have a signed script on auction from the Australian episodes. All proceeds will be donated to Father Chris Riley’s Youth Off The Streets.

3 Likes

Some Australian exclusives being promoted on tenplay

2 Likes

Lol @ “fake Ridge”. That’s what I always think, too.

2 Likes

A couple of surprises in today’s Aussie episode.

Jess and Matt from X Factor appeared in scenes at Shelly Beach at Manly performing their song Sydney To Me. I’m surprised this wasn’t covered anywhere in media coverage.

They also recreated the iconic opening credits for The Bold and The Beautiful from the 80s, I assume to celebrate the 30th anniversary. The exact same style, theme music and even poses have been used with the current cast. Amazing how they have stood the test of time and still look really cool.

4 Likes

This arvo’s ep was nice, ending with the two veteran actors Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke) and John McCook (Eric) sitting on Manly beach, reflecting on 30 years of knowing each other.

Then the end of show 30 year special montage

2 Likes

Although I’m not convinced that was filmed at Manly because the sun doesn’t set on the ocean, unless it was filmed at sunrise when the sun comes out of the oven.

There were actually quite a few cotinuity errors. It was all supposed to have happened in one day but the scenes were obviously filmed on different days due to some scenes showing blue skies and others overcast. Also, when they left Sydney Harbour to go to Manly it was late afternoon with the sun setting behind the Harbour Bridge but then at Manly it was the middle of the day again. :joy:

I loved the old theme song made new.

I had to laugh when Brooke described the past 30 years as “bold” and Eric added that they have been “beautiful”. I cringed but actually I liked it a lot.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much what I think of the show these days. I had to fast forward through all the scenes not filmed in Sydney. The show is quite unbearable.

Also, just ridiculous how they recycle character names from the past and have new characters in the show with exactly the same names as iconic characters from the past like Bill Spencer, Caroline Spencer, Sally Spectre. It makes it look like they can’t seem to move on from the past.

You obviously aren’t familiar with US soap operas. They do all they possibly can to hold onto the past because it’s the legion of loyal fans who have been watching from the beginning that keep the shows on air. Producers have learnt the hard way, move away from the key families and viewers revolt. The US soaps that have been on for 50+ years still base episodes around original characters who have been dead for over 20 years. History and tradition are vital to the format.

1 Like

I can understand keeping the same families going with extended family and new generations. But I find it hard to handle them creating an illegitimate son who has exactly the same name as Bill Spencer. Then also have a secret niece called Caroline Spencer who is the daughter of the originals long lost twin sister. Now thete is a Sally Spectra who has just been created who is the daughter of the originals sister. Apart from the fact that these characters are invented from relationships that never existed, the characters having the exact same names makes absolutely no sense.

1 Like