The Block

Haven’t they used a 50s style presentation for promotion a few years ago.

Lots of creativity there Nine.

1 Like

I really wish they would get new judges

1 Like

And new hosts too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i thought i read they have a new judge this season

Even if they just used Shelly more than Scotty I’d be happy

1 Like

According to Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne, filming on the new season finished last week and it’s believed each of the five competing teams and some crew members got tattoos as a permanent remainder of their shared experience.

It will premiere in early August.

Looks like The Block has jumped the shark. Complete with leather jacket. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So Hamish the star of nine and Gold Logie nominee knows a contestant of this seasons show and could possibly bid on their house? Right… and on top of the guy who helped the brothers win last year saying he will be back this doesn’t seem like a fair comp.

Marty had been spotted on set many times during filming of the season.

BLOCK, RATTLE & ROLL

Australia’s favourite renovation reality program takes a time warp back to the 1950s

COMING SOON

https___prod.static9.net.au___media_2023_07_04_16_00_The-Block-Cast-2023-Kyle-and-Leslie-Gian-and-Steph-Liberty-and-Eliza-Leah-and-Ash-and-Kristy-and-Brett

Get ready, Australia. The country’s No. 1 renovation reality program is just around the corner and promises to be the most electrifying yet.

In 2023 The Block celebrates an incredible 19th season and viewers are set to be treated to a blockbuster series like no other.

The mother of all reality programs continues to reinvent itself and this year’s series promises a number of exciting firsts.

State versus state rivalry will be ignited as our five couples will each be flying the flag for their homeland states of New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.

And in a move set to push our contestants to the brink, all teams will be given the arduous task of creating secondary accommodation on their properties. While adding value and something special to each home, will the extra workload be enough to tip one of our couples over the edge?

Set in the family-friendly suburb of Hampton East, this year’s series of the multi Logie Award winning program features five houses designed and built in the 1950s. Located on the aptly named Charming Street, these grand old dames are now aged in their 70s and are overdue for a contemporary update. Will our fresh-faced Blockheads be up to the challenge?

The five couples in contention for Block glory are:

• Personal assistant Eliza (37) and integration producer Liberty Paschke (34) – sisters from VIC
  • Firefighter Kyle (36) and teaching aide Leslie Cottone (34) – parents from WA
  • First aid officer Leah (32) and builder Ash Milton (38) – parents from QLD
  • Project manager Kristy (34) and safety officer Brett Beams (34) – married from SA
  • Architect Steph (27) and start-up worker Gian Ottavio (27) – married from NSW

Gold Logie-winning host Scott Cam, back for his 17th series of The Block, is promising a series like no other.

“This series is guaranteed to be a dead-set blockbuster,” he said.

“Our five new teams from across the country are all fired up to make their home states proud. But wait until you see their shock when they find out they’re building not one, but two new abodes, as we throw in a granny flat for good measure. And in a Block first, this year we give all teams their full building schedule ahead of time. Buckle up, Australia. The Block 2023 offers more twists, turns and curve-balls than ever before.”

Scott’s co-host Shelley Craft agrees that this year’s time warp back to the 1950s will provide plenty of surprises along the journey.

“This series’ houses may seem charming on the surface, but our contestants will be in for a shock as they uncover a host of pitfalls not evident upon first inspection,” she said.

“While there are plenty of laughs to be had, viewers can expect an equal number of tears.”

Plus, for the first time in over a decade, a new judge joins Shaynna Blaze, Darren Palmer and Neale Whitaker.

Real estate expert, Marty Fox, who has sold two houses on The Block before – Harry and Tash’s in Brighton in 2020, and Rachel and Ryan’s in Gisborne in 2022 - will tag-team judging on Sunday nights as Neale partly steps back this season.

https___prod.static9.net.au___media_2023_07_04_16_02_The-Block-Judges-2023-Neale-Whitaker-Darren-Palmer-Shaynna-Blaze-and-Marty-Fox

This year The Block also celebrates 20 years since the first series in Bondi went to air and changed the Australian television landscape forever.

Executive Producer Julian Cress, who created the show with fellow EP David Barbour, says the 20-year birthday is a fantastic achievement.

“We thought we were pretty lucky to get the show on air in the first year we made it,” he said

“Just getting The Block commissioned was a huge achievement and there is no way we thought we would still be here making the show 20 years later.

“But the great thing about it is we all still love making the show, and no two series of The Block are ever the same, as these five new teams will truly prove this year!”

https___prod.static9.net.au___media_2023_07_04_16_01_The-Block-2023_-Shelley-Craft-and-Scott-Cam

1 Like

I’m just not feelin’ it this year. Too many gimmicks, and while I liked the idea behind the Gisborne houses last year, it really fell flat for me when they did those huge monstrosities of extensions (which I believe they’ve done again this season). And all the ridiculous hype around Danny, with him arriving in a limo etc, was just OTT, made worse when he found himself competing with the lambo guy.

Don’t you want to wait to see what the scandal will be this year? :wink:

2 Likes

Who’s already come out and said he’ll be buying all the houses this year.

Too predictable and contrived. Like how they milked the ‘who took the photo’ a couple of seasons ago, which lasted until the end of the season.

Re the lambo guy, if he’s planning on buying all the houses I wonder if Danny will even show up?

What’s wrong with doing high-end renovations in local houses, which would end up selling for around $2m? Every year they aim to go bigger and better and the people who genuinely may buy the houses to live in are priced out of the market.

That’s usually code for pay dispute or slowly being pushed out.

Hoping hes being phased out, they need a new judge to shake it up

They need to get rid of Shayna, she’s the most biased.

I can picture the finale now. Lambo guy, Hamish Blake’s agent, the weird number guy in the hat and the tall skinny brunette woman all bidding with a rent a crowd.

1 Like

Most likely wrong but my theory is that whoever took the photo (I think it was Tanya) was told by directors to do it, because they realised that they could cash in on the controversy to give Channel 9 constant wins in ratings (Which I thought it got anyway since The Block is such a high rating show on it’s own)

Latest promo