The Block

The five renovated houses are now listed on Domain website (photos may contain spoilers)
House 1 (Tom and Sarah-Jane): Belle Property Daylesford
House 2 (Rachel and Ryan): Whitefox Real Estate
House 3 (Ankur and Sharon): Sotheby’s International Realty Macedon Ranges
House 4 (Dylan and Jenny): TCC Real Estate
House 5 (Omar and Oz): Ray White Sunbury
https://www.domain.com.au/news/the-block-2022-listings-are-live-heres-your-first-look-inside-1159097/

Great renovating.

4 Likes

If this doesn’t tell you that these places are no longer “fixer-uppers” and a basic home reno show then I don’t know what does.

I know everything would be set in advance of casting, but having a wine challenge where the boys couldn’t participate felt very excluding.

5 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun has a story on Sharon Johal, saying she was “dumped from her first legal firm in 2009 and taken to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal by the Legal Services Commissioner for professional misconduct” after forging a medical certificate in 2009. She plead guilty to professional misconduct and was reprimanded and fined $3500.

“It was noted that Johal was dealing with “serious personal difficulties following the break-up of a long-term relationship” when she took the day off work in 2009. Johal also alleged that she was bullied and harassed at her former workplace”.

There was also an allegation of plagiarism “in reference to a non-assessable project submitted by her to the College of Law in the course of her training”.

Sharon is unhappy that these issues from her past are being reported, stating “It takes some skill to dig this up from well over a decade ago and is something that happened in the infancy of my career,” Johal said.

“Like many young people I made a regrettable mistake in a challenging work environment and paid dearly for it. This targeted campaign to attack my integrity as a result of my current character portrayal on the Block has resulted in threats and racial hatred towards me and my family and has taken a significant toll.”

(The story was longer but this is a summary of what was said).

3 Likes

Being a reality TV celebrity in this day and age with so much social media around definitely has some big drawbacks.

I wouldn’t do it, but kudos to those who have a go at it, and well said Sharon.

3 Likes

If Ankur and Sharon are so concerned about getting the ‘villian’ edit, FFS stop giving the producers so much material!!

1 Like

They’re idiots and super annoying. Their design aesthetic is hideous as well.

Then to add insult to injury they were sleeping in their car and then lied about where they were. Fucking morons.

2 Likes

They’re worse than that bloody Susie from a few seasons ago who had her hair done when she should’ve been working.

I doubt they’ll last the season. Aside of being unhappy I’m tipping they’re going to run out of money.

1 Like

Kev, Dorian and Teng from Travel Guides are hosting a 3-part companion show for 9Now called The Block Guides.

3AW and realestate.com.au both report that the show could return to Hampton next year.

1 Like

More information on 2023 Season reported in Nine news papers.

3 Likes

I’ve never understood why The Block hasn’t done different seasons in differing states, imagine each year, the show travels to a new state and they do up homes there, would make the show more enticing for local audiences in addition to a larger scope of potential contestants.

2 Likes

They have done the series in NSW as well. The Block began in Bondi.

I think there was some logistical/Production issues that keeps it in Melbourne these days.

1 Like

IIRC it has a lot to do with local councils. Melbourne council makes it easy for them. Apparently Sydney is a nightmare which is why they will never go there again.

9 Likes

Speaking of The Block. Is anyone watching the current season? Thoughts on last night?

I understand what is going on with Sharon and Ankur and their (perceived or edited) ‘attitude’ however Scott and Shelley were bordering on bullying last night. Very aggressive. In fact, the whole episode was geared around that very moment. You could tell before they even got to their part.

I don’t know how I feel about it.

3 Likes

But what about councils in Brisbane? Adelaide? Perth?

I think this speaks for itself.

I’ve been watching most of it and I actually thought Scott and Shelley didn’t handle it too badly. (In the adverts it looked bad because it was edited to look like Sharon and Ankur had been told off in front of the other contestants but that wasn’t the case). Keith, Dan, their tradies and now Scott and Shelley have all tried to speak with the couple about what needed to be done but it appears they’re just not listening. The build lasts for around three months (I think) and at the end of it they’ll probably end up with quite a lot of money for their efforts. Presumably during the screening process it was made very clear about the work involved. If not, just watching episodes from past years would give an idea.

We seem to have the cast and crew on The Block pushing to get work done, and Sharon and Ankur going down the mental health path. I can see both sides of it and I have a feeling this will become a legal issue once the series is over.

2 Likes

I agree 100% with this I didn’t think Shelley was that bad but Scott really hasn’t been great towards them. Really he should know they haven’t done this before and mentor them.

5 Likes

Yeh it just seemed like uncomfortable viewing all round. This year’s villains (and the storyline/edit) are interesting for me.

2 Likes