The Biggest Loser: Transformed

They could just air it live on Tenplay then repeat in the daytime slot the next day.

Maybe they could put it on One or Eleven.

It might not be live.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised they cast a contestant with such an ā€œinterestingā€ youtube channel, though I canā€™t help but wonder if this is a potential bombshell revelation yet to come considering itā€™s still online.

And if isnā€™t written into the seriesā€¦ theyā€™ve done a pretty shit job at screening the cast IMO.

Read the West Australian and noticed that Fiona Falkiner was axed from the show.

How could she be axed from a show that is no longer in production? Only ep left to film is the finaleā€¦ unless they have decided to just not bother and save themselves the prize money?

1 Like

April Fools Day joke

1 Like

Iā€™m gobsmacked that they are just moving it to daytime TV. The show has 350kish viewers so at the very least it could have gone at like 10 or 10.30pm and could help later night shares or even put it in the same timeslot on One or 11. Even if it pulled 150-200k on digital it would improve Tenā€™s shares overall.

I canā€™t watch the videos as Iā€™m at work but it looks like heā€™s purposely doing challenges to put on weight? If thatā€™s the case agree that it was a poor casting decision.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much. A significant proportion of his videos are fast food eating challenges or talking about putting on weight. I donā€™t think he ever explicitly says that hes doing it on purpose but over time you can see it happening, not to mention the comments are all encouraging him to do soā€¦ (get a kind of a fetish vibe from them)

I was just surprised that regardless of what his past intentions were that they may not have found the channel (even though a youtube search for the guys name brings it up as the first result) or if they did, they havenā€™t asked him to take it down prior a national TV appearanceā€¦ thus why I was kind of skeptical if maybe itā€™s a plot device down the track.

1 Like

The brand is tainted and Ten want rid of it with as little negative publicity as possible. Eleven has built a very successful weeknight schedule around Neighbours/Malcolm/How I Met Your Mother/Simpsons which wins the multichannel demo shares most nights. Why would they risk alienating that audience just to burn off Loser in primetime?

1 Like

What about on One?

3 Likes

It would be perfect for One though.

1 Like

I thought so too, havenā€™t they shown the US version on there also? Should definitely be given a prime time timeslot of some description at least on the network to maximise any potential audience still watching.

2 Likes

According to an article on TV Tonight, the finale will get some sort of primetime airing, presumably on the main channel. Iā€™d be betting on a Friday night at 8.30 after The Living Room to minimise the damage.

3 Likes

###The Biggest Loser Transformed: Live Final

Monday 1 May at 11.00am

3 Likes

Iā€™d say Masterchef will start that same night then.

Wow, not even in primetime! Absolute humiliation for Ten.

11 Likes

According to Mumbrella, the finale will not be a standalone program but part of an extended episode of Studio 10. Not sure how it will work but I think it may have several live crosses between the Studio 10 set and the TBL set.

6 Likes

That actually makes sense and probabably the best way for them to handle it if itā€™s not being aired in primetime.

6 Likes

Beverley McGarvey told TEN that this was ā€˜true that The Biggest Loser: Transformed did not resonate with viewers as we had hoped and we will fix that part of the schedule for 2018ā€™.
I think this show will more likely not be renewed for 2018.