The Biggest Loser: Transformed

###Sharks And High Seas For The Biggest Loser’s First Challenge.

Premieres Tuesday, 14 March At 7.30pm. On TEN And WIN Network.

A dramatic premiere episode of The Biggest Loser: Transformed sets the tone for an epic season, as the terrified contestants are quite literally thrown in at the deep end, challenged to kayak through rough seas and even past a circling shark.

Paired in kayaks to cross Sydney Harbour from North to South Head, these 16 everyday Australians must conquer their greatest fears and push through the pain in order to claim their first victory.

The Biggest Loser: Transformed trainer, Shannan Ponton, says: “We are going to blow your mind with what we have got in store for you. This is the toughest first week challenge we have ever done.”

Hosted by international model and former The Biggest Loser contestant Fiona Falkiner, along with two of Australia’s leading trainers and fitness professionals, Shannan and Libby Babet, The Biggest Loser: Transformed will give Australians the motivation and tools to be the best they can be.

None of the promos have featured or promoted the returning host as yet, one would think Fiona wasn’t even part of the show anymore.

They are trying to promote how the show is different this year. The host is not their main priority, that won’t get people back watching.

1 Like

I’d agree. Infact, not showing the host is quite a brilliant strategy if they are trying to convince the audience it’s a different show. But then again they could have easily just replaced her if that’s what they are going for.

1 Like

Yeah I agree the host brings nothing to the show anyway on a show like this. Is she really even needed anyway?

Strange to see a Ten promo for TBL transplanted to Foxtel tonight during Gogglebox, complete with end board.

Ten hosted the screening of 1st episode at Studio 10 set on Friday according to ten_insider Instagram account.

3 Likes

So far so good. I’m really enjoying the new feel and structure of the program. An excellent choice of trainers too. Libby is a breath of fresh air.

1 Like

I have mixed feelings. This definitely felt much fresher and the contestants are a lot more relatable to everyday people, however I felt the first episode still fell too much into what we expect from The Biggest Loser. They were straight on the scales, straight into the gym and then right into a challenge. The episode was also way too long and by the end I found myself doing some other things whilst it was just on in the background.

Tonight looks more focused on the ‘Transformed’ side of things with tips on eating, psychologists and stuff but they should have had more of that in the first episode IMO to highlight more how different this season supposedly is.

It’s definitely better than the last couple of seasons and a change the show needed… but this is the change the show probably should have had a couple seasons ago. I think it will rate 500-600k max.

Not the headlines they’d want to see.

Biggest Loser’s return to air rates below afternoon gameshows and fourth in timeslot

2 Likes

Tonight’s episode was MUCH better. It actually feels like a new show. Loved that they used standard fitness tests (like beep test) and the healthy cooking segment was awesome! I’m actually enjoying it as its more educational and relatable. They should have had more of this in the first episode. Hopefully some MAFS viewers test it out tonight as its much better.

1 Like

It seems Ten are doing something about Loser’s terrible ratings.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/17211856_10208607222562546_865695160790583437_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f2bfa94705f43f6c3c47f558e7db2cd3&oe=592C123F

3 Likes

They won’t do anything. They have nothing else.

Sportsbet are on to it but not surprisingly You can’t bet on the show remaining as is.

1 Like

They have to do something. They cannot simply keep it there. Maybe after easter bring Masterchef back.

it has to be when there is no MKR. Otherwise it would be useless then

1 Like

Why?

when you schedule Masterchef up against MKR. MasterChef bombs badly. So its best to keep MasterChef away from MKR. The network showed Professionals, which bombed on weekdays, and I seem to remember, one year the network scheduled when MKR didn’t finish its run, and we all know what happened there.

MasterChef could be another 5 weeks away by the time MKR finishes.

Where is the proof? I don’t think they have ever been scheduled up against one another.

Most of the spin off series bombed. All Stars didn’t air against it and did badly. Junior didn’t do well either and wasn’t against MKR. MKR was also rating over 2 million when Professionals was on.

I am not saying they should put it on air now only after Easter which is only 2 weeks before they would have aired it anyway.

1 Like

Maybe you are right about a regular season didn’t go up against it, but still Professionals bombed against MKR. Well All Stars didn’t too badly I thought, it was up against London Olympics. Which is a massive event in its self.

Although I understand and agree with you that Masterchef shouldn’t be up against another cooking show I just feel Ten have no other option. How can they put up with figures below 400k? This is worse than Jamie, Long Lost Family, All Star Family Feud and Bondi were doing last year. Ten need to start having a back up and really should have had that with TBL. They couldn’t have thought it was going to do better than the last time it was on air, surely?

1 Like