The Biggest Loser: Transformed

Although I understand and agree with you that Masterchef shouldn’t be up against another cooking show I just feel Ten have no other option. How can they put up with figures below 400k? This is worse than Jamie, Long Lost Family, All Star Family Feud and Bondi were doing last year. Ten need to start having a back up and really should have had that with TBL. They couldn’t have thought it was going to do better than the last time it was on air, surely?

1 Like

well it has been done before, a few years ago. When it was the Challenge Australia series. Week in, week out it was averaging below 400k

And we all know how that year panned out for ten…

Apart from that Masterchef Professionals which bombed against MKR I think there was one season where Masterchef started before MKR finished and suffered. Since then Ten have been waiting until MKR finishes to give Masterchef the best chance.

With MKR lower than previous years you never know how direct competition might turn out. I think it would still split the audience so both shows suffer and just give Nine the advantage.

1 Like

Masterchef has never been up against MKR, its spin offs have. MKR is no longer the juggernaut it once was. Now could be the perfect time to launch MC and see if it can knock off MKR. TBL is floundering as expected. If Ten stick with it, the entire schedule will suffer.

4 Likes

The Sunday Telegraph reports Dr Andrew Rochford and Sarah Wilson (I Quit Sugar author and host of first season of MasterChef Australia) joined the show as guest stars.

3 Likes

I thought he was contracted to Seven, doing reports for their news programs.

I’m pretty sure that Dr Andrew Rochford hasn’t done any Special Reports for Seven’s news programs since about September last year.

They made such a big deal when they signed him up as their Medical Expert. Seems weird that they might have let him go.

I watched the show for the first time this year. It is not that bad of a show, the format is just stale and predictable. I like the new trainer, and like the refreshed logo.

I watched some of the replay today and it is far more watchable than the previous incarnation. It’s a shame it isn’t being watched really.

3 Likes

Fiona is not a good host, I thought that two years ago, very wooden and unexperienced, still don’t know why Ten chose her :confused:

Hayley Lewis (2010-2014) was my fav & IMO the best. Ajay Rochester was pretty good too.

I know Ajay had all those legal issues with Ten and her own weight problems, but what happened to Hayley? Did she just not want to do it anymore or wasn’t her contract renewed?

I think it’s one if those cases, where viewers have really spoken.

It people were interested in it (like it’s ‘hit’ popularity between 2006 & 2012), it’d be rating at least 550-600k.

In other words, it’s time to go.

Thoughts on how they are going to wind it up?

Run this week as per normal and move to lates from next week?

Also think Fiona is a weak host, I said it last time too.

As for wrapping it up, unlikely while it’s all they’ve got to show in the timeslot but absolutely done for the show airing in Australia after this. It’s a multi night format over 4 nights and this week will be its first proper Sun-Wed run - I reckon they’ll wait to see what happens.

since Easter non ratings are coming up, maybe TBL might do well assuming Channel 7 and 9 don’t show their big reality shows.

1 Like

The elimination challenges are much better than voting people out. I also like that we have 2 people going every week (well so far anyway). The show feels fresh and fast pace and this season is definitely enjoyable to watch compared to previous seasons. It’s a shame it can’t pull at least 500k.

How much worse off are Ten at the moment though this time of year compared to previous years? I’m pretty sure they had nothing rate much better than TBL either last year and have nothing that would. Pushing forward Masterchef against MKR would be stupidity. Sure it would do better than TBL is currently doing but Ten would then still have a gap in their schedule somewhere in the year and Masterchef won’t pull as big numbers as it would without MKR as competition.

Ten would be mad not to do something but knowing Ten they won’t do anything. I just have no idea what else they could do… They literally have no content. Ten don’t have plan B’s. But I think Ten should move it ASAP. Not that this is much better and not the correct place to do this but this is what they could do:

Sunday
6:30 Bondi x2
7:30 Bull x2

Monday
7:30 Modern Family NEW

Tuesday
7:30 NCIS x2

Wednesday
7:30 This is Us x2

Thursday
7:30 Modern Family x2

Even Jamie would do better than Loser.

I don’t think that they will want to burn off shows like This Is Us and Bull too quickly, plus moving shows around to different timeslot and double episodes could do more damage than good to the shows in the long run.

Although I do think that possibly TBL could benefit from being at 8.30pm or 930pm than it’s current timeslot. At least it won’t then be directly up against the other reality formats and even if it pulls similar numbers it wouldn’t seem as bad share wise.

Although I just don’t know what other filler content Ten have to fill in 4 nights have that would do much better. They might have a couple weeks worth of All Star Family Feud if they aired it multiple nights? Three weeks worth of Shark Tank they could bring forward and air multiple nights a week? Not sure they want to waste that though. Hmmm.

the network has the rights to show Man with a Plan, maybe they could show that. Also with Bondi Rescue there is only 5 episodes left of the current season.

1 Like

I wonder what the production status of Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures is.

2 Likes