The Biggest Loser: Transformed

Suprising that Ten had given the Show 2016 Off to Refresh the Format.

What?

###The Biggest Loser Has Been Transformed.

Take A First Look At This Brand New Series.

Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

The Biggest Loser has changed the lives of countless Australians and now this iconic and inspirational series returns to Network Ten in its most empowering season to date – The Biggest Loser: Transformed.

This year, 16 everyday Australians with relatable weight issues will transform into the happiest, fittest and best versions of themselves. Their weight-loss goals are within reach, but the very real pressures and stresses of everyday life including money, work, kids and relationships have taken priority.

Hosted by international model and former The Biggest Loser contestant Fiona Falkiner, along with two of Australia’s leading trainers and fitness professionals, Shannan Ponton and Libby Babet, The Biggest Loser: Transformed will give Australians the motivation and tools to be the best they can be.

Incredible and jaw-dropping transformations evolve as the 16 contestants undertake a complete overhaul of mind, body and soul – and ultimately change their lives forever.

Dynamic new food challenges will form an integral part of the contestants’ success, along with epic physical tests. This series also takes the unique approach of helping people transform how they think and feel, as well as how they look.

Under the guidance of resident psychologist Glenn Mackintosh, the contestants will learn about body image, “self-love” and the impact weight and fitness has on their overall health.

Split into two teams, one set of contestants will be transformed from the inside out by trainer Libby Babet. Vivacious, experienced and with boundless enthusiasm, brand new trainer Libby is excited to bring her energy to the series, and is ready to take on the contestants – and Shannan.

Each of the contestants has a personal goal to hit – whether it is the confidence to wear a bikini for the first time, date again or feel beautiful in their wedding dress – each contestant has a dream that many Australians will relate to, and each of them is determined to turn their dream into reality.

2 Likes

I really like the promo and the show definitely has a completely new and fresh feel about it.

I think it stands a better chance than previous seasons too coming off a break and I’m a Celeb viewers are probably more likely to watch it than shows like MKR/Married which should still be going but too far into their seasons to get too many new viewers.

How so? Loser would only be 6 weeks away. Didn’t MKR promos start over 2 months out? Celeb promos would have started more than 6 weeks out as well.

3 Likes

Ch 10 would be happy with 700-800k, fingers crossed :grinning:

Having a year off, Michelle Bridges and Commando gone and a refreshed look is a great start.

1 Like

I doubt it will get those sorts of figures. It will probably grt around 500k-600k max.

2 Likes

Are you saying that’s a bad thing?

Considering we’re in 2017 & the #1 regular show (MKR) is struggling to pull higher than 1.1m…

500k for Ch 10 might be considered great :wink:

I did say max. If other seasons are anything to go by I would say that would even be a reach. So yes I am saying that is a bad thing.

I really hope the ‘great’ benchmark hasn’t gone to 500k. If it has free to air is in a lot of trouble and we are set for very poor productions.

3 Likes

###The Biggest Loser Is Back. With A Difference.
Everyday Aussies Transform From The Inside Out.
Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

The Biggest Loser has helped countless Australians realise their weight loss goals. Now in its 11th season, the iconic and inspirational series is back with a difference as 16 everyday Aussies turn their lives around in The Biggest Loser: Transformed.

This year, eight men and eight women with relatable weight issues are ready to transform from the inside out.

Each contestant has a dream that Australians will relate to, be it the confidence to improve their romantic relationship, the physical health to land their dream career or the ability to fit into their perfect wedding dress.

Their health ambitions are within reach, but the very real pressures and stresses of everyday life have gotten in the way. Now that is all about to change.

Hosted by international model and former The Biggest Loser contestant Fiona Falkiner and two of Australia’s leading trainers and fitness professionals, Shannan Ponton and Libby Babet, The Biggest Loser: Transformed will give Australians the motivation and tools to be the best they can be.

With Shannan and Libby by their sides, these everyday Aussies will undertake a complete overhaul of mind, body and soul – and change their lives forever.

Incredible and jaw-dropping transformations emerge as the 16 contestants not only lose weight, but transform into the happiest, fittest and most confident versions of themselves.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the Original U.S. Series has been axed by NBC after 17 Seasons after not airing a new Episode in nearly a Year.

Lynton Will Transform His Life To Save His Career.

Sunshine Coast pilot Lynton is an ambitious 27-year-old who has landed his dream career. But in order to keep flying, he must successfully pass an annual medical exam, something his declining health has made increasingly difficult.

With Lynton’s beloved occupation in jeopardy, The Biggest Loser: Transformed is set to turn his life around.

After spending too many years on auto-pilot, Lynton is ready to get back into the driver’s seat to change his lifestyle, lose weight and continue to enjoy life above the clouds.

Lynton joins The Biggest Loser: Transformed alongside 15 other everyday Australians with relatable weight issues. Their health ambitions are within reach, but the very real pressures and stresses of everyday life have got in the way.

Hosted by international model and former The Biggest Loser contestant Fiona Falkiner, along with two of Australia’s leading trainers and fitness professionals, Shannan Ponton and Libby Babet, The Biggest Loser: Transformed will give Australians the motivation and tools to be the best they can be.

Interesting. I remember seeing the most recent US season on One during the day not so long ago. They seemed to try and give the show a bit of a makeover with Bob Harper (The former trainer) becoming the host and they had introduced some new weight scale where two people weigh in at once. The US version used to be so good back in the day. Much preferred the 60-90min once a week episodes and still enjoyed seeing the occasional US episode when it was on but every show has a life I guess.

Why do the ads for this show so many spoilers about the contestants and also seemingly reveal their transformed bodies after 8 werks? Why bother tuning in? Epic fail.

Pretty sure the bodies shown are digitally altered images to show the contestants how they could look at the end.

1 Like

Even so, it’s giving you an idea how they’d look so not a good idea.

Bride-To-Be Steph Wants Her Dream Dress.

Steph is a 36-year-old school teacher who is preparing for one of the most exciting days of her life: her wedding. But her weight is stopping her from marrying the man she loves.

After postponing her nuptials until she reaches her goal weight, the Tasmanian bride-to-be is turning to The Biggest Loser: Transformed to fight for her dream day.

Steph has avoided shopping for her bridal gown until she feels better about her health. And while she knows her journey on The Biggest Loser: Transformed will not be easy, she is up to the task, saying: “I’m willing to go through every heartache, every bit of pain, to make that dream a reality.”

Steph joins The Biggest Loser: Transformed alongside 15 other everyday Australians with relatable weight issues. Their health ambitions are within reach, but the very real pressures and stresses of everyday life have got in the way.

Like Seriously mentioned I think it’s just a digital representation of how they could look to show that people transform and doesn’t necessarily mean anything. For the couple body shots that they do it for it doesn’t even show the full body or anything, just a waist going from one size to another. I don’t think anyone would care and even if it is real as far as we know it could be the first eliminated contestant who lost that weight at home.

It’s actually worse on shows like The Bachelor where in the first episodes they do a whole “Coming up this season” promo where you can pretty much predict from contestants that make it far because they are in a lot of different scenes. To me when shows do that it is much worse than anything in this promo.

Premieres Tuesday March 14

Australia, The Biggest Loser Has Transformed.
Premieres Tuesday, 14 March At 7.30pm.
On TEN And WIN Network.

It is time for 15 everyday Australians to makeover their entire lives, when The Biggest Loser: Transformed premieres on Tuesday, 14 March at 7.30pm on TEN and WIN Network.

Each contestant enters The Biggest Loser HQ with relatable weight issues and healthy ambitions, ready to learn to control their bodies and minds to hit the life goals that have eluded them.

Victorian contestant Jake, 38, graced the pages of glossy magazines in his 20s as a successful male model but now is out of shape.

Diagnosed with type one diabetes at the age of 23, Jake’s sedentary lifestyle as an IT manager and family focus as a father to young children saw pay less and less attention to his health. Now he is turning to The Biggest Loser: Transformed to help him lose weight and reach optimal health.

Jake says: “When I look in the mirror I don’t really see myself. I want to look like I used to look.”

Not surprised. Obviously this is not confirmed but will it be stripped 5 nights a week or will we just see it on air for 3 nights a week Tuesday-Thursday? Ten have apparently filmed more episodes of All Star Family Feud which could go on Sundays and Mondays…