The Biggest Loser: Transformed

He said he thought it “more likely” that TBL wouldn’t return, implying he thought Bev was indicating it would be back.

1 Like

But the comment says “will more likely not be renewed”.

Unless he said that originally and changed it quickly and so it’s not shown as an edit. :confused:

I was paraphrasing. Pretty much the same thing.

Fair enough. I just didn’t get the same impression you did.

That’s cool Bra, good debate.

In the spirit of this fine program’s focus on healthy living, I’m gonna go chuck my Costco take and bake pizza in the oven now :pizza:

5 Likes

GF Caps:

Why didn’t Ten air this as a LIVE special last night 6:30-8pm? It wouldn’t have been a bit but surely it would have pulled 400-500k.

Considering it’s been in daytime for weeks I doubt it would have rated better then the 300k or so that Modern Family achieved.

3 Likes
1 Like

I don’t think The Biggest Loser: Transformed flopped in the ratings because it was “too close for comfort” but because TBL is/was a rather tired and dated format after more than a decade on screen. The early predictions that this 2017 revival would be a ratings flop certainly weren’t proven wrong!

Chances of The Biggest Loser returning to Ten in 2018: 0% one would like to hope. And if by any chance TBL does come back next year, then it probably says a lot about the network…

4 Likes

4 Likes

Given that they had to resort to moving it to daytime TV, I daresay TBL won’t be back next year.

4 Likes

And the fatties were just not fat enough. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Preach!! The Biggest Loser was a flop. Not just this year but for the past few seasons (The season which focused on the “Fattest Town in Australia” in 2014 and to a marginally lesser extent the Families season from 2015).

If the show was not already on the decline and then had a season like this which flopped tremendously then Shannan’s bitter sounding “This was too close for comfort” comment would have some truth to it. But people did not care about TBL for a few seasons prior to this season. With that fact, those comments for Shannan sound like someone who is bitter. Bitter about not getting the paycheck and high profile which would come from being on Personal Trainer on TV.

2 Likes

Michelle Bridges discusses the possibility of a The Biggest Loser reboot.

1 Like

Cause the last reboot went so well for 10 :neutral_face:

8 Likes

Anyone would have to be stupid to reboot this.

1 Like

This has been said about s lot reboots on Seven lately. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I didn’t think she was part of the reboot in 2017. I though her last series was the one in 2015

1 Like

She wasn’t.

Libby Babet joined Shannon Ponton as a trainer on the rebooted series in 2017, with Fiona Falkiner as host.

Seems ripe for a renewal on 7 now.

2 Likes