The Biggest Loser: Transformed

I didn’t think she was part of the reboot in 2017. I though her last series was the one in 2015

1 Like

She wasn’t.

Libby Babet joined Shannon Ponton as a trainer on the rebooted series in 2017, with Fiona Falkiner as host.

Seems ripe for a renewal on 7 now.

2 Likes

I know this sounds terrible to say this day and age, but if there was a reboot of The Biggest Loser, I think they’d need to go for extremely overweight people and have the trainers rip them to shreds in the training sessions to keep the audience engaged.

The reboot didn’t work because the format was too “nice” (if that’s the right term), and some of the contestants were barely overweight.

I’d love another season like the families one in 2015. It was kind of sad, but also funny to see the four alpha males on the red team ganging up on the three ladies on the blue team, and discussing their game plan to knock out other contestants. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I actually think there is still a market for the show. 10 ruined it by doing that challenge australia series and held it over as a marque show at the beginning for the year (it was initially filmed as a 2nd year series). Instead of going back to basics 10 tried the transformed series thinking people would actually care about transformations.

I actually think this show could work again if they went back to basics and got the location right. Go somewhere where they can do heaps of outdoor challenges - maybe the snowy mountains, the grampians or blue mountains.

to be fair the people of my hometown did need transforming and this made people look at them selfs and their lifestyle choices, after this there was a lot of change in Ararat with a lot more exercise initiative’s then there was before

It was a great idea. But it was never intended to air as a main series. They had planned to air this at the end of the year as a second series but held it over because they had a terrible year. This was what really ruined the show, the idea wasn’t strong enough a main series.

Sounds like you want a local version of My 600lb Life more than a TBL reboot :sweat_smile:
IMO The format is too tired for network TV at this point, the fact that Ten’s last attempt went so bad it had to be burned off in daytime TV (and had casting that was very poorly screened - one of the contestants had clearly gained weight deliberately prior to getting cast on the show and didn’t even hide his YouTube content showing this fact off) says enough.

5 Likes

Hope that never happens.

One would hope Seven aren’t stupid enough to pick up a format like TBL which was a dud on arrival for its last season.

1 Like

It will probably rate well with the right casting. But I am sick of Seven picking up old formats, they need to do something original. Holey Moley is probably it for Seven in 2021 unfortunately.

Surely after the disaster TBL: Transformed was for Ten in 2017, no network with a brain would touch any revamped version of The Biggest Loser Australia with a 50 foot barge pole?!

Don’t think there’s much (if any) demand from the public for a TBL revival either.

Same can be said about all three commercial networks, if I’m being honest. Hopefully they’ll realise that viewers want more new and exciting formats before it’s too late.

1 Like

If Holey Moley doesn’t perform, they might just end up going back to more pre-existing formats.

I hope Holy Moly doesn’t rate, from the promos I’ve seen it isn’t original the jokes are lame and lack originality and it is relying on humour of people falling of objects which to me is just not funny at all. They could do a lot better. The promos just don’t excite me it’s very same old same old to me. Due to this Seven don’t deserve to have this show as a rating success.

1 Like

Well if I may ask what would you like to see then?

Something original that uses intelligent humour which isn’t people falling off objects.

1 Like

This probably means nothing, but The Biggest Loser changed their profile picture and cover photo on Facebook today to a generic The Biggest Loser logo.

Bit random.

4 Likes

:open_mouth: I would be happy to see this again!

1 Like

It feels like it has been long enough now. I enjoyed it back in the day.

TBL was one of the first reality shows to be expanded over multiple nights. I don’t know if the format would survive in 2024. I doubt it would be able to be done at the scale (no pun intended) it once was. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Looks like they might be giving it another go. No idea why else they’d choose to update the page given 7 years of inactivity.

Don’t think this would work again.

Looks like it’s definitely coming back. You don’t just log into the account 7 years later and change the picture.

4 Likes

Surely not … right.

The positive “nice” version of the show didn’t work as most shows need controversy,

and a more harsh version like the original series won’t work because of the body issues it presents as well as the fact that a 12 week crash course weight loss program is ultimately ineffective for the intended aim - I believe there’s a study from the American version which indicates that most contestants go back to their starting weight because the drastic change in such a short time impacts their ability to actually keep the weight off primarily from impacting their metabolism.

Which network are the poor suckers who commissioned this?

1 Like