The Biggest Loser: Transformed

I thought so too, haven’t they shown the US version on there also? Should definitely be given a prime time timeslot of some description at least on the network to maximise any potential audience still watching.

2 Likes

According to an article on TV Tonight, the finale will get some sort of primetime airing, presumably on the main channel. I’d be betting on a Friday night at 8.30 after The Living Room to minimise the damage.

3 Likes

###The Biggest Loser Transformed: Live Final

Monday 1 May at 11.00am

3 Likes

I’d say Masterchef will start that same night then.

Wow, not even in primetime! Absolute humiliation for Ten.

11 Likes

According to Mumbrella, the finale will not be a standalone program but part of an extended episode of Studio 10. Not sure how it will work but I think it may have several live crosses between the Studio 10 set and the TBL set.

6 Likes

That actually makes sense and probabably the best way for them to handle it if it’s not being aired in primetime.

6 Likes

Beverley McGarvey told TEN that this was ‘true that The Biggest Loser: Transformed did not resonate with viewers as we had hoped and we will fix that part of the schedule for 2018’.
I think this show will more likely not be renewed for 2018.

You’ve misinterpreted her comment. She’s referring to scheduling something else as the tentpole in March/April next year to take the place of TBL.

There’s surely no way TBL will return next year, even if they resurrected the old format.

2 Likes

That’s what he did say though.

He said he thought it “more likely” that TBL wouldn’t return, implying he thought Bev was indicating it would be back.

1 Like

But the comment says “will more likely not be renewed”.

Unless he said that originally and changed it quickly and so it’s not shown as an edit. :confused:

I was paraphrasing. Pretty much the same thing.

Fair enough. I just didn’t get the same impression you did.

That’s cool Bra, good debate.

In the spirit of this fine program’s focus on healthy living, I’m gonna go chuck my Costco take and bake pizza in the oven now :pizza:

5 Likes

GF Caps:

Why didn’t Ten air this as a LIVE special last night 6:30-8pm? It wouldn’t have been a bit but surely it would have pulled 400-500k.

Considering it’s been in daytime for weeks I doubt it would have rated better then the 300k or so that Modern Family achieved.

3 Likes
1 Like

I don’t think The Biggest Loser: Transformed flopped in the ratings because it was “too close for comfort” but because TBL is/was a rather tired and dated format after more than a decade on screen. The early predictions that this 2017 revival would be a ratings flop certainly weren’t proven wrong!

Chances of The Biggest Loser returning to Ten in 2018: 0% one would like to hope. And if by any chance TBL does come back next year, then it probably says a lot about the network…

4 Likes