The Big Bang Theory / Young Sheldon

According to their schedule for next week, the 12th & final season of TBBT will premiere on Nine next Tuesday (16th October) at 8:40pm, going up against The Good Doctor & FBI.

No word on when Season 2 of Young Sheldon will premiere.

1 Like

Young Sheldon Season 2 Premiere - Tuesday 23 October at 7:30 pm; episode 2 is on Wednesday at 7:30pm

1 Like

Young Sheldon has been renewed for third and fourth seasons.

2 Likes

I wonder if they will keep using the same kid as he gets older ?

Well, why wouldn’t they? Sheldon did age naturally. He wasn’t an animated character who never ages.

2 Likes

Nine is still yet to air the rest of Season 12 (last ep was 12x10 aired in December), which won’t be until after MAFS and/or Travel Guides finishes in April. It would probably air during the Easter non-ratings period, along with the rest of Young Sheldon’s 2nd season.

Speaking of which, Young Sheldon will air a new ep (2x15) this week in VIC/TAS/SA/WA, which will air at a later date in NSW/ACT/QLD/NT after MAFS finishes. So that would mean that for one week, the northern states would air double new eps (2x15 & 2x16), whilst the southern states would have one new ep (2x16) followed by a repeat on that same night in order for the northern states to catch up.

I wish that I could access on demand seasons of Big Bang but I guess more money is to be made having it on free to air on repeats on GO ! ?

Presto used to have from memory Season 1 to 7 or 8.

Though the show seemed to go into more about relationships from about Season 7 or 8 I think it wasn’t the same…

All Seasons appear to be available to stream on Apple iTunes, Google Play Movies and the Microsoft Store, if you are prepared to pay.

1 Like

THE BIG BANG THEORY

Returns Tuesday 9 April at 7.30pm

The Paintball Scattering
Penny and Leonard organize a paintball game, which results in mayhem when Sheldon becomes jealous of Amy; Koothrappali catches Anu with her ex-boyfriend; Stuart doesn’t want to move in with Denise.

YOUNG SHELDON

Returns Monday 15 April at 7:30pm

A Math Emergency and Perky Palms

Sheldon and Dr. Sturgis have their first fight when Dr. Sturgis marks an answer wrong on Sheldon’s test; Mary takes over for Pastor Jeff when he’s out sick.

That’s episode 15 of season 2 of Young Sheldon. It aired in AFL states on March 14, the opening night of 2019 NRL season, so it will be a repeat for these areas. For NSW, ACT, Queensland and NT it will be first screening. After that all states will be up to date.

As outlined above, for those in the southern states, Young Sheldon will be 1 ep ahead of those in the northern states. I would’ve thought that Nine would air double new eps for those in the northern states next Monday. :confused:

What about on 9Now ? it is up to Ep 15.

That’s right. That means viewers in the northern states (plus ACT & NT) can view Ep 15 on 9Now before it airs on Terrestrial TV.

1 Like

The 30 minute special will air on CBS on May 16, not sure if Nine will show it here.

It is a half hour special, the final episode is one hour.

I’m sure we’ll see it as filler programming in a few months, possibly in between the next series on Ninja Warrior and The Block. Those Big Bang fans Nine milked for ratings points back in the days when they were struggling don’t deserve any better.

With Bad Mothers on Mondays, Travel Guides on Tuesdays and New Amsterdam on Wednesdays, there was simply no suitable timeslot for Nine to show new episodes of TBBT in Q1.

They just don’t care.

2 Likes