The Big Bang Theory / Young Sheldon

only one ep has aired in the US

Young Sheldon doesn’t officially start in the U.S. until November 2. Only the pilot has aired so far.

I’d say whichever network in Australia picks it up (if any) would wait until next year to show the pilot episode alongside the rest of the season.

Id say that show will air here Feb/March.

Tonight, Nine aired the SAME episode of Big Bang TWICE, once before the double episode of Kath & Kim and again after K&K.

Does Nine normally do this?

Yup, it’s been covered in the thread where the schedule is posted.

1 Like

Looks like Nine has finally bought the rights to Young Sheldon. It will be interesting to see if it is paired with TBBT like the US.

Watched an old episode (Season 4 Episode 19) on The Comedy Channel at 6pm AEDT tonight.

I noticed about 1.5 minutes into the episode the police officer is talking away and there is about 1 second where his mouth is moving but the audio has been muted. Thought it was Foxtel hiding something until I googled it and found that it had been mentioned online before.

I wonder what it was that was cut out of the episode’s audio…

I just watched my copy of the episode in question, and it does seem like a word was cut. I can’t make out exactly what word he said, perhaps “freaking” or “bloody”, but it doesn’t seem like either of those words would be cut.

Young Sheldon has been renewed for a second season.

It’s quite a strange situation that no FTA network has the rights to Seasons 1-9 of TBBT at present, with Nine only having the rights to Seasons 10 & 11. In fact, last week, TBBT wasn’t shown anywhere on FTA at all here in Australia, which hasn’t happened in years. A bit like the situation with The Simpsons not being on FTA that’s been happening since the beginning of September. However, at least the repeats (from Season 10) return this week.

If Nine had bought back the rights to Seasons 1-9, we would probably have seen those epas scheduled on 9Go! by now, which is currently not the case (again, just Season 10 eps only).

I wonder if Ten, now under CBS ownership, is considering buying the repeat rights to the show for Eleven to fill the void left behind of having lost the Fox output deal? :thinking:
I think it would be quite a coup for Ten, therefore boosting Eleven’s audience share, as well as the network share. Perhaps they would air it after finishing with Will & Grace, and air it as double eps each weeknight at 7:30-8:30pm, with encore airings at late night & weekends.

4 Likes

Oh, God. Please spare us.

Saw the pilot episode of Young Sheldon on the Qantas flight from Hong Kong to Melbourne on Friday night (the first six episodes are available on the inflight entertainment system). It’s just like the 2010s version of The Wonder Years, the difference being the main character having a link with TBBT.

Not that entertaining then, if you only watched the pilot episode?

Can’t say I’ve seen full episodes but I have seen a lot of clips of the show on YouTube and I don’t mind it. I wouldn’t say its a comedy like TBBT though.

Yes. No canned laughter telling you when you should be laughing. :wink:

2 Likes

I love anything that includes cultural references to the 1980s so I’ve given Young Sheldon a chance to grow on me. Have to say the series is more miss than hit. It certainly isn’t in the same league as The Goldbergs :wink:

The kid playing Sheldon is quite good and I enjoy his interactions with the Mee Maw character but I think we’ve seen enough of the “square peg in a round hole” humour surrounding the Sheldon character in The Big Bang Theory.

1 Like

So did Presto only ever have Seasons 1 -8 online?

I’ve never seen Season 9-10 streaming other than catchup?

Wonder if Stan would get streaming rights to all the old seasons bar the new stuff?

Well done @TV.Cynic who called this a year ago :clap:

How will Seven fill the void now on 7flix during the ratings survey? Surely not with their current slate?

I’d expect an acquisition(s) to be announced soon.

We still have no news on 20C Fox making a deal with a FTA broadcaster yet?

1 Like

Nine has put up full page ads for Young Sheldon in this week’s TV Week and Woman’s Day, with the words “coming soon” at the bottom.

1 Like