The Big Bang Theory / Young Sheldon

TBBT on 9Go! has also disappeared from the ratings. Viewer saturation/overwhelmed? Even Seinfeld on 10 Peach is rating!

This time last year TBBT re-runs were doing 200k+ metro on 9Go!

Well that’s no surprise considering the show has finished.

2 Likes

Another factor could be that it’s now available on Netflix here in Australia, at least up to the end of Season 10.

2 Likes

It is not uncommon for the ratings for repeats of programs to drop substantially once the premiere run has finished. Might be a few years before any further interest returns.

I think this is likely the factor.
I myself used to watch the TBBT reruns on 9Go! Every now and again, and don’t anymore now that it’s available ad free on Netflix

HBO Max has secured US streaming rights to TBBT, when it launches in 2020.

It is set to remain on Netflix in most other countries, including UK, Australia & NZ.

Here’s this article from the UK, which is somewhat relevant to Australia too.

2 Likes

According to its advanced schedule for the week commencing 24th November, Nine will premiere the 3rd season of Young Sheldon next Tuesday (26th November) at 7:30pm with double new episodes. They were aired in the US back on 26th September & 3rd October respectively.

Source: Nine Network - Programs and Schedules thread

1 Like

This is in the US.

The entire series of The Big Bang Theory is also on HBO Max, which launched in the US this week.

Meanwhile in Australia, it’s not known when (or even if) Nine will resume airing Season 3 of Young Sheldon, which concluded in the US late last month. The last new ep Nine aired was S03E07, which was way back in January. 9Go! doesn’t even air repeats of Seasons 1 & 2 anymore.

Big Bang was on Presto to stream then nowhere to stream then Netflix but not the final season yet, now going back to Binge (Foxtel) again?

Young Sheldon never available to stream, can’t it go to Stan for Seasons 1-2?

The Big Bang Theory Seasons 1-11 will become available on Binge from Wednesday 1st July, whilst Season 1 of Young Sheldon will become available from Monday 20th July.
Seasons 1-11 is already available on Netflix & there’s no mention anywhere (including the app itself) that it will be removed from the Australian service around that date, meaning that it would be available on both services until Netflix’s rights expire.

——

As mentioned on the following said thread, from Monday 6th July, 9Go! will cut back on the number of TBBT episodes to just 2 eps a week from Season 12 at 7:30-8:30pm Wednesdays, with the 7pm Mondays-Thursdays slot being replaced by a 3rd ep of Malcolm In The Middle. This leads to speculation that Nine has lost the FTA rights To Seasons 1-11, with 12 set to follow soon.

Young Sheldon Season 1 premieres Sunday 19 July 2020 on Fox8 at 6:30pm.

4 Likes

Called it.

4 Likes

Wish they’d pick up Young Sheldon, Nine doesn’t seem interested in airing it .

You had the exclusive?

10 Peach will air three episodes of TBBT each weeknight, from 8pm to 9.30pm, from Monday September 14.

Season 12 (the final season) of TBBT will finally become available on Netflix Australia from Friday 16th October, meaning that the entire series will soon be available to stream for the first time. I would assume that it will also become available on Binge that same day.

Source: https://twitter.com/netflixanz/status/1308889125945331716?s=21

4 Likes

Amazing. I was going to post in here where you could watch the final season after finishing season 11 recently.

I thought Nine had rights for longer.

Streaming rights are different to broadcast rights. You really need to like tattoo that to yourself.

3 Likes