The Bachelorette

Calm down he is just winding you up.

2 Likes

On the original and the best, the US versions when they started, the men and women on both shows exhibited a bit of class and shine amongst the bitching. This Sophie Monk series looks like it will be dire. On The Project she was full on bogan.

I wasnā€™t referring to her appearance. I was referring to her personality. The franchise had a boring bachelor and bachelorette last year. Georgia came across as fake. My money is on Matt J being a snore. Monk is sure to be anything but boring. So, as I said, casting gold.

2 Likes

No way. He is definitely one of the most fun and likeable contestants the show has ever had IMO. I think theyā€™ve perfected the casting for both The Bachelor and Bachelorette this year. Both of them are actually interesting, fun and have big personalities which Georgia and Richie lacked last year.

3 Likes

Sophie Monk has finished her first week filming the new season and she says sheā€™s out of her comfort zone.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/this-isnt-a-reality-show-its-real-sophie-monk-feels-totally-out-of-her-comfort-zone-looking-for-love/news-story/b17e7bc7107a0d0dd260576d5ac1a5c5

Sophie was spotted filming the TV ads for this season at Double Bay today.

1 Like
3 Likes

ā€¦and now the full add is here. Itā€™s great! :slight_smile:
ā€Ŗ

4 Likes

Will Sophie Find Somebody To Love?

First Look At Australiaā€™s New Bachelorette, Sophie Monk.

Much-loved singer, actor and funny girl, Sophie Monk, is asking Australia to find her somebody to love as she steps into her new role as the star of The Bachelorette Australia, only on TEN and WIN Network.

While Sophie has enjoyed a successful career in the entertainment industry both at home and in the US, out of the spotlight she has struggled to find a love that will stand the test of time.

Now back at home and living on the Gold Coast, Sophie is looking for a down-to-earth Aussie bloke with whom she can start the journey of a lifetime.

Funny, honest and endearing, Sophie is sure to make this season of The Bachelorette Australia one to remember as she sets out to find her forever person.

To watch Sophie embark on her journey as the Bachelorette, click here.

The Bachelorette Australia is hosted by Osher GĆ¼nsberg and starts soon on TEN and WIN Network.

The ad looks great. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if The Bachelorette outrates The Bachelor

1 Like

I believe it will. Iā€™m not the biggest fan of Sophie Monk but I think she will be a drawcard. Sheā€™s pretty rough around the edges so is more than likely to be brutalyl honest which should provide plenty of entertainment.

3 Likes

The Courier-Mail reports Sophie Monk could earn $300,000 for participating on the show.

First look on FB:

ā€œIā€™m a massive bogan. I really hope that Australia understand that I want to find something genuine ā€¦ and donā€™t think Iā€™m a tool.ā€

4 Likes

Sophie Monk Opens Up About Love.

Sophie Monk is known for making Australia laugh with her self-deprecating humour. Now as she prepares to find love, the funny girl is finally letting her guard down.

A vulnerable Sophie opens up about wanting to find forever love in an extended sneak peek of The Bachelorette Australia, coming soon to TEN and WIN Network.

In an honest and candid interview, the singer and actor explains her thoughts on being Australiaā€™s next Bachelorette.

ā€œI know Iā€™m not the typical Bachelorette. Iā€™m 37. Iā€™m a massive bogan. But I really hope Australia understands that I want to find something genuine and they back me on this and donā€™t think Iā€™m a tool, to be honest,ā€ she says.

ā€œBut I am so awkward [and] the worst flirt youā€™ve ever met. I get really nervous and itā€™s just embarrassing when Iā€™m on a date.ā€

Sophie goes on to explain how a life in the spotlight has kept her from finding the type of love most people find.

ā€œLiving in LA for 10 years, Iā€™ve dated actors and rock stars. I think theyā€™ve fallen in love with my image, not with me,ā€ she says.

ā€œBecause Iā€™ve played roles that are quite sexy and promiscuous, people think Iā€™m like that. Thatā€™s probably why I attract the wrong guys, too. Thatā€™s one thing I regret. I feel like I chose my career and you canā€™t really have both.ā€

A teary Sophie continues: ā€œIā€™m just here because I want to find a good man, that I think would be a good father, and just someone that loves me.

To see more of Sophieā€™s heartfelt story, please click here.*

The Bachelorette Australia is hosted by Osher GĆ¼nsberg and starts soon on TEN and WIN Network.

I love that sheā€™s calling herself a Bogan. She is hilarious. I am really excited for this.

3 Likes

With The Bachelor final scheduled for Thursday 14 September, that would suggest a premiere date for The Bachelorette on Wednesday 20 September.

3 Likes

Second sneak peek aired tonight, introducing two of the 16 men trying to capture Sophieā€™s love. One of them is magician Apollo.

2 Likes

Sophie looks really cold in that first pic. :joy: