The Bachelorette

If a show is trending on twitter its probably a show that does well in the key demos. Not necessarily overall viewers. It did boost on it’s second outing and I think it will grow… but remember that Bachelor always outrates Bachelorette in the US so we are probably seeing a similar thing happening here without a big drawcard like Sam Frost was.

The producers are trying to shake things up. Last night two intruders (Matteo and Todd) were introduced but Matteo was eliminated at the rose ceremony. Next week, four guys will go across two nights, with six men remaining by the end of the week. If after that only one guy goes home each night, then the season finale should air on Thursday October 27.

Wow thats early. I thought it would be an 8 week long series.

Season 1 only had 10 episodes.

Yeah I know that but it was announced earlier this year that this season would be a full length season and the first season was just to test the waters, in a similar way that the first season of the bachelor was.

Did they announce it or was it speculation?

Was it just me or was the promo for the 2 on 1 date far too obvious about the outcome?

The Bachelorette Australia viewers tune out as ratings dive for Georgia Love

Yeah it looks like both of them go home.

This whole 4 eliminations they are advertising is a bit misleading. It’s probably just the elimination date and someone going home at each rose ceremony. That’s nothing ground breaking.

Yes, to me it would appear that the producers were hoping the rivalry between the two was meant to make this episode an event.

Do you think this will return next year? I wonder if Ten would be better off investing in Bachelor in Paradise or Bachelor Pad. Or perhaps look at another completely different genre. Big Brother would be another show that Ten could work with again.

It was a big mistake to screen The Bachelorette straight after The Bachelor.
Perhaps it would be better to slot The Bachelorette in between I’m a Celeb and Masterchef to fill the gap.

2 Likes

I agree. I dont know if ten have the brains to do that. Other issue costs are way less by filming them back to back. Although they could still do that.

Agree. It’s time to split the two shows apart. My suggestion would be to do either a Bachelor or Bachelorette earlier in the year (post I’m a celeb), then in the second half do The Bachelor and then a Bachelor in Paradise off the back off it (it is a very different show so won’t suffer as much viewer fatigue).

A completely superficial thing but this show really needs to be filmed in Summer not Winter, they need the guys to get their shirts off as much as possible.

More than they already do? :weary: The adverts are full of them stripping off.

In six episodes there has been two scenes without shirts, Rhys in the photo shoot and then the oil in the group date last week. It is not a big thing but they are always so rugged up, they don’t need to be shirtless but in T-shirts.

1 Like

Agree! We need more scenes like the guys in Olive Oil last week haha and even then they didn’t show us enough close ups of most people. They should have exploited that scene a lot more.

Wonder what this is eluding to? Osher was in Melbourne last night, possibly filming a Bachelorette reunion? Interesting that Richie was there also.

Looks like they are doing a Bachelor v Bachelorette special of Family Feud.

1 Like