The Bachelorette

Pauline Hanson and a totally non-white set of Bachelors would be dynamite

4 Likes

That would possibly be the greatest show ever.

2 Likes

I don’t get this at all. I think it would be perfect beczuse it is so unconventional and a huge risk. Which used to make ten so successful.

I doubt there would be many bachelors signing up if Casey Donovan was on the Bachelorette.

2 Likes

90% are in it for their 5 minutes of fame anyway.

Why would you want to put Casey through that? Most guys would not be genuinely interested in her.

1 Like

I’d have the same concerns about putting Casey through it. If they really wanted to do it, maybe they could come up with a different reality show.

The social media savaging she would be exposed to would be extraordinarily demoralising and hurtful. They best drop this idea/campaign/thought bubble or whatever it is.

1 Like

But the same things would have been said when she was on Celebrity. I think majority of the comments would be positive. Of course some people are awful but fuck them.

It’s different when you’re the sole focus of a show.

I know what you are saying but wouldn’t that be up to Casey rather than the producers? She seems to be all for it.

But they can’t control the media and trolls who might give her a hard time. I just think it would be risky for both parties.

Some of the discussion here is purely disgusting. How fucking dare you all.

1 Like

I still don’t get it. All celebrities have trolls why should that be a reason to keep her off. In fact this could be the perfect sort of role model for women and ten could finally paint the picture you don’t need to be stick thin to be beautiful. If she would be willing to make that move, and yes cop some pathetic comments from pathetic people then I think its the perfect move to change the Bachelorette brand.

2 Likes

But does it need changing? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Well it probably does. Lets be honest the only reason why the show did well in its first season was because of interest in Sam Frost. The following season with Georgie didn’t do well at all. And last season was a hit because it was a highly public figure in Sophie Monk who had trouble with relationships. Now bring on Casey who has confessed serious problems with her love life in the past. In fact putting her wouldn’t be changing the show at all would it.

I honestly think some people have the strange perception the Bachelorette needs to be certain type of person and I don’t think that is what The Bachelorette is at all.

But that’s your opinion which is not always a ratings winner.

Thats true.

1 Like

The minor celebrity mains seem to be working for the franchise, so why not? Casey won Celeb for a reason.

1 Like

I just don’t think Casey fits the Bachelor / Bachelorette mould. At least Sophie and Nick both had majorly successful careers and are well known names but Casey is just your every day person who has struggled through her career and a year ago was an uber driver (possibly still is). You need to be realistic and the type of contestants on this show and the audience would not appeal to Casey. Maybe they could do a different show featuring her.