The Bachelor Australia

The new season starts Wednesday July 26, according to Sunday Herald Sun’s interview with Matty J. He tells Fiona Byrne he is “very, very happy right now” after he found love.

Matty also just confirmed this on his Instagram this morning and here

1 Like

Matty J’s Second Chance At Love.

The Bachelor Australia Premieres 7.30pm On Wednesday 26 July.

The phenomenon that is The Bachelor Australia explodes, with fireworks from the very start, as Matty J makes his eagerly awaited return on Wednesday 26 July at 7.30pm, only on TEN and WIN Network.

Ready to believe in love again, Matty J is looking for his “forever” among 22 of Australia’s most glamorous and eligible Bachelorettes in a television event series that is set to captivate viewers.

Aged between 23 and 34, these remarkable women include a police officer, a body painter, a midwife and a criminal lawyer, and host Osher Günsberg is on hand as Matty J meets them for the very first time.

Later, the Bachelorettes have their chance to make the best first impression at a drama-filled cocktail party. Chemistry will form and connections will develop, before the dazzling first rose ceremony, where Matty J will present single red roses to the Bachelorettes with whom he would like to spend more time.

Drama, rivalries, adventures and romance reach new heights this season, as Matty J invites the Bachelorettes on lavish single and group dates, to help him determine with whom he will spend the rest of his life.

The new season of The Bachelor Australia delivers more funny and unexpected moments, more drama and more surprises than ever before.

Will Matty J find his one true love? Let the fireworks begin.

Bit surprising they used the Ten HD logo on that poster, guess it’s probably only used for media rather than broadcast or general promotions for the show?

I don’t know why they just don’t stick to that HD version of the logo for everything. It looks heaps better.

5 Likes

The ladies competing for Matty’s heart have been revealed.

Bit upset I should be there as well.

S H A R L E N E

The Bachelor Attracts Top Sponsors.

Wrigley’s EXTRA™, Underworks, REST Industry Super, Hyundai and Harvey Norman Join The Big New Season.

Premieres Wednesday 26 July At 7.30pm.

The television, online and social media phenomenon that is The Bachelor Australia storms back onto screens on Wednesday with new and returning sponsors joining the adventure.

Network Ten and Multi Channel Network (“MCN”) today announced that Wrigley’s EXTRA™, Underworks, REST Industry Super, Hyundai and Harvey Norman are on board to help deliver the biggest and most anticipated season yet.

The Bachelor Australia Season 5 starts 7.30pm on Wednesday, 26 July, with Matty J making his eagerly awaited return and continuing his quest to find true love among 22 of Australia’s most glamorous and eligible Bachelorettes.

Network Ten Executive General Manager, Revenue and Client Partnerships, Rod Prosser, said: “The Bachelor Australia is a pop culture sensation that gives our commercial partners innovative and powerful activations to captivate viewers across all platforms.

“Once again, sponsorship interest has been extremely high. With drama, adventure and love at the heart of the show, The Bachelor Australia offers a unique format for innovative and integrated content-led sponsorships. Our dynamic packages also extend across digital and social media channels, with exclusive content set to further excite and engage fans online.

“Matty J won over audiences on The Bachelorette Australia last year and we look forward to the show again dominating social media and water cooler conversations whenever it is on air,” he said.

“This year anticipation on social media has already reached fever pitch, with the organic reach of the show’s date announcement on Facebook up 540% compared with 2016.”

MCN Content and Brand Partnerships Director, Tania Jones, said: “The Bachelor Australia continues to capture the hearts and minds of audiences, and we’re excited to have the support of brands who are equally passionate about this show.

“Shows like The Bachelor Australia, which resonate so strongly with audiences, demonstrate the enduring power of television formats. This year’s diverse group of brands are working closely with Network Ten and MCN to create highly compelling, integrated multi-screen campaigns that will extend the appeal of the television content and strongly engage viewers across all platforms.”

The Australian reports that Ten will not extend either dating shows to match Married at First Sight marathon. The new season of The Bachelor will have 16 episodes (8 weeks) and The Bachelorette will have 12 episodes. The Bachelor will focus more on relationships between Matty and his dates.

Why do they only air 12 episodes of the bachelorette? Ten still have the entire of November to fill with content.

Its not as popular and doesn’t rate as well . Plus extending Bachelorette on the back of Bachelor would be overkill. I think it’s smart they keep it shorter.

I agree it would be overkill but i think the bachelorette might do better this season

It’s a shame they can’t separate The Bachelor and The Bachelorette so they don’t follow each other and bore audiences.

4 Likes

Agree. Next year there is a perfect slot to do this in.

Ten need more content. I’d say we will definitely be up for bachelor island next year or whatever it is called (the one with the rejects on an island)

I thought so too but I think they should give Love Island a go. The UK is mad for it.

Ten’s companion on-line show will a total of eight minutes each week.

1 Like

actually on the left of that photo, but anyway.

Facebook live with Matty tonight: