The Bachelor Australia

I don’t think it is too early. They would be wanting buzz all the time for the show.

Yeah but spoilers might not be worth any buzz that might be created so many months in advance.

1 Like

The Project just aired a first look. It looked pretty good.

Australia’s First Look At The Bachelor Australia.

Richie Strahan Is Back - Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

Richie Strahan from the highly successful first season of The Bachelorette Australia is set to return to television screens in the new season of The Bachelor Australia, continuing his quest to find true love.

The modest, endearing and intelligent Bachelor – whose hobbies include motorcycle riding, fishing, surfing, camping and playing Australian Rules – is ready to fully immerse himself in this exciting and challenging new opportunity.

Describing himself as a genuine Aussie bloke, Richie is looking for an easy-going, down-to-earth woman who loves life, has a great sense of humour and is comfortable in her own skin.

Richie will treat a bevy of beautiful, witty and intelligent bachelorettes to a series of extravagant dates – from a suspended “love platform” over a cliff top to a romantic candlelit dinner in a forest.

“I’m ready for this. I’m prepared to go through this crazy process again and I’m hoping one of these girls is the one for me,” Richie said.

“I guarantee the dates will be incredibly fun. The girls will be laughing the whole time they are with me.”

Get ready for romance, roses and plenty of drama as 22 Bachelorettes vie for Richie’s heart.

Catchy promo.

Not my type of show but ten have done well. They’re gonna kill us with this promo then next two months.

Interesting to note TEN keep mentioning WIN in their press releases, can we finally expect to see the metro networks working more effectively with their regional counterparts… or just during this honeymoon changeover period.

Meanwhile:

Australia, Meet Your Bachelorettes.
Introducing The Ladies Of The Bachelor Australia.
Coming Soon To TEN and WIN Network.

After months of frenzied media speculation, Network Ten is delighted to announce the identities of the 22 Bachelorettes who are ready to find love in the highly-anticipated new season of The Bachelor Australia.

Ranging in age from 23 to 34, and hailing from all over the country, this year’s Bachelorettes are a diverse group of characters with one thing in common: their passion to find “the one”.

Bachelor Richie Strahan will open the doors of the Bachelor mansion to welcome this select group of ladies on their romance journey of a lifetime. Through a series of cocktail parties and breathtakingly memorable dates, they will discover who has the chemistry, intelligence, sense of adventure and charm to be Richie’s perfect woman.

Victoria has delivered six ladies in business development manager Aimee, venue manager Alex, artist Georgia, project manager Laura, executive assistant Sasha and personal trainer Tolyna.

Event coordinator Eliza, account manager Keira, personal assistant Kiki, yoga instructor Marja, former professional athlete Mia and make-up artist Olena are the six Bachelorettes from NSW.

Four beauties hail from Queensland: hairdresser Faith, children’s entertainer Janey, swimwear designer Noni and massage therapist Vintaea.

Customer support manager Sophie is South Australia’s Bachelorette. There are five Bachelorettes representing Richie’s home state of Western Australia: health promotions officer Megan, communications officer Natalie, support worker Rachael, training administrator Tiffany and real estate agent Nikki.

The Bachelor Australia promises a season filled with romance, roses, tears and plenty of drama, as Australia follows one man’s journey to find true love.

I’m not sure how much truth there is to this but there was some talk last week that a number of the girls in the cast were unimpressed by Richie when the show was filming. Apparently he continues to be pretty awkward throughout and lacks a lot of confidence for the role. Someone also commented that he had a really bad stench (probably just some bitter lady who was sent home saying this stuff, but who knows. I still think he’s an odd Bachelor choice).

The Bachelor begins on Wednesday July 27th and continues on Thursday.

1 Like

That’s the problem with using Bachelors/Bachelorettes from previous series. You either liked Richie or you didn’t. Viewers who didn’t like him won’t bother tuning in. Fresh meat is always a better option.

So looks like this is running through the Olympics. New content is risky but good counter programming as this audience wouldn’t like sport all that much. Also not much live coverage from rio in this time slot.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. i would assume there won’t be a lot of live content in primetime. Especially considering it would be 7am at 7:30pm here. I would expect a lot of highlights from Seven. The swimming will most likely be in the morning here - which is the biggest rater.

The Bachelor Australia Premieres Wednesday 27 July At 7.30pm.
On TEN and WIN Network.

Will Alex Or Janey Find Their Happily Ever After?

Victorian beauty Alex, 24, has always followed her head. But now she has decided it is time to follow her heart and take a chance at love.

Alex comes to the The Bachelor Australia mansion searching for a down-to-earth man who can make her laugh and does not take life too seriously.
Wanting to be open and honest from the start, Alex is set to unveil a secret when she meets Richie.

Meanwhile, lover of magic, sparkles, unicorns and princesses, children’s entertainer Janey, 27, is looking for her very own fairytale romance.

Originally from Queensland, Janey’s picture perfect The Bachelor Australia experience begins when she gets out of her carriage and meets Richie, her handsome Prince, for the first time.

Aiming to make a lasting impression, Janey surprises Richie by leaving her shoe behind, hoping it will prompt her Prince Charming to seek her out at the cocktail party.

With two more beautiful women vying for his attention, just who will leave Richie wanting more?

Agree. I know it’s what they do in the US but not so sure it’s right to do here. Especailly with someone like Richie who a lot of people only liked because they felt sorry for him and that he was a little awkward. That doesn’t really translate into the type of person that is usually selected as The Bachelor. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

I actually think the Bachelor won’t be affected too much during the Olympics. The bachelor has an audience already from previous seasons and the more female skewed audience that the Bachelor appeals too probably won’t be as interested in the Olympics. Plus the other networks shouldn’t just give up completely during this period.

I do think though that if Ten plan on airing Survivor during the Olympics that is a bad move. A new show trying to find an audience up against the Olympics would be dumb.

An article in The Daily Telegraph today has said that battle of The Block vs Australian Survivor at 7.30pm will happen “After the Olympics”.

They will both be up against X Factor as well, at least a couple nights a week. Assuming Survivor is Sunday-Tuesday.

The X Factor won’t start airing for some time yet though.

Really? They have filmed the auditions… I thought that Seven would be wanting to get straight into this after the Olympics. Possibly means it will be Zumbo then?

I could be wrong but if the live shows start in November that is a big drag out of auditions during September and October. I think Zumbo will be at 7:30 most weeknights and at the conclusion of that X Factor will begin.