The Amazing Race

No surprises that Chris and Brett went in the recent episode… I’m surprised they last as long as they did. There is a clear advantage to the Amazing Race teams given there’s only one non-race team left (Victor and Nicole).

At this stage I’m all about Tyler and Korey. I really hope they win it. To have won 4 legs in a row is pretty impressive but I feel like they may become the U-turn targets the next episode if they don’t get there first. I really don’t like ‘Team Fun’.

2 Likes

I think Tyler & Korey will win as well, although I believe Colin & Christie also have a good chance. What I would like to see is a real close last leg, because last legs in TAR can be a bit underwhelming sometimes.

Tyler and Korey are great, and quite funny too. Colin and Christie are, so far, being mature and not seeking revenge after being U-turned. I’m actually liking the Afghanimals more than I have on previous seasons (which was unexpected) but I agree that Team Fun are starting to be a bit annoying.

One of the most interesting things about TAR is how easily a team can turn around their fortunes and go from first to last place in one leg, and visa versa. Be it picking the wrong taxi, misreading a clue, picking the wrong challenge or just making a bad decision.

A couple of seasons ago the ‘green team’ made a critical error in the final leg when they let their taxi leave, pretty much ruining their chances of winning.

Then again a while ago one team (I think it was Tyler and James) admitted after their win that they only beat the second placed team because their taxi had a toll pass whereas the other taxi didn’t. Pure luck.

1 Like

I won’t give any clues away, but one of the teams was hilarious during the final challenge last night.

Tonight in the US they’re screening the finale, which is a double episode. Not sure if they’ll do the same here or split it over two weeks.

Beau Ryan will host 10’s version of The Amazing Race Australia.

Are you referring to that boat challenge how useless the Afghanimals were? I actually really liked that task. It was funny how both people from the public and people working around those canals were getting annoyed and yelling and screaming at them like that one guy yelling out “Are you idiots?” haha.

I’m super glad that Team Fun were eliminated. I don’t find them Fun anymore at all… very cocky and annoying. I really want Tyler and Korey to win.

I also worked out that I was in the Netherlands last year when this was filmed. I wish I had known! I was out in Zandvoort at the time (so a different area) but they were going through quite a heat wave at the time (30 plus degree days which is rare for the Netherlands).

3 Likes

The Afghanimals were pretty funny too but I was referring to Tyler and Korey and the way they likened their boat skills to bumper cars. In particular, after they’d just rammed another boat, and then the people in the back of the other boat had to duck for cover as Tyler and Korey tried to move their boat away. Then they forgot to duck when they were going under a bridge and were nearly wiped out by the bridge. And that giggle is quite infectious!

This season was absolutely fantastic and reminded me why I love this show so much. I didn’t mind Colin and Christie winning but I feel like Colin pulled most of the weight in that team. I was really hoping for a Tyler and Korey win given they had won so many legs in a row this seson.

The London leg was great and I was surprised they had the final 4 teams running around in such public spots so close to the end of the game in peak tourist season (that would have been around the 30th June 2018). It was funny how Phil had to whisper to them who had made the final 4. The final leg wasn’t as great and I thought the final task was a little underwhelming… I prefer when it’s something related to reflecting back on the race.

It will be interesting to see how long they hold off the next season given it was filmed towards the end of last year. Hopefully it airs later this year.

3 Likes

Agree this season has been great, with worthy winners. Colin & Christie certainly changed as a team compared to Season 5, where Colin was such a hothead. The last leg was a bit underwhelming, but overall one of the better seasons of the race of late.

2 Likes

Production of the 33rd season of TAR has been temporarily halted due to the coronavirus outbreak.

The 32nd season is yet to be scheduled.

1 Like

The two-hour premiere will air on May 20

5 Likes

The announcement of the premiere of new reality show featuring Phil on 20 May means that the TAR premiere will be held back.

Will season 32 ever air?

1 Like

Suggest in “Fall TV Season”.

By the time season 32 airs it will be nearly a year since it was produced. That’s quite a long wait.

1 Like

I think it was filmed in late 2018 so it will be closer to two years. I was hoping that it would be screened in May because I think it would be a great show for people to watch while in isolation.

3 Likes

Not by Australian standards.

Seven has had Australian Gangster sitting on the shelf for two years due to legal reasons. They also have that new Bevan Lee drama Between Two Worlds. It was completed and meant to air last year but Seven has held it back because their schedule is bursting with so many top rating, quality productions. The return of Changing Rooms has been hotly anticipated by certain people here yet Ten is still holding onto the remaining episodes more than a year after they started the series.

4 Likes

CBS has announced its fall schedule which includes TAR.

CBS Entertainment President Kelly Kahl said:

If we get back into production (on The Amazing Race), you can trust that we have plotted out all of the safe and smart ways of doing it. Some countries are more affected than others and these producers are some of the best in the business and they will plot out a race that sticks to countries that are safe.