The Amazing Race Australia

Last night was a great episode with a sad ending.

Does anyone know why there is so much inconsistency with the time penalties? Is there some kind of formula they’re using or is it just how they feel on the day??

I think Pako and Mori spent more than 30 minutes at Optus Stadium with Pako persuading Mori to do the challenge despite the latter’s fear of heights. Had they pulled the pin early, and with the 15 minute penalty, they would have finished fourth and stayed in the race.

1 Like

Sad for them because in the end it came down to about 14 seconds from memory.

Perhaps they base it on how much time they already spent trying to complete the challenge and how far back behind them the last team is?

The Mexico legs I guess were okay. Cenote X’Canché was an epic pit stop location.

Poor Pako & Mori but why the hell didn’t they take the penalty earlier. Also as much as I really liked them, Mori really should have conquered his fear of heights before his application. I hate when contestants don’t work on their weaknesses before they apply and just hope they conquer them amongst mountains of stress and pressure. Waste of a spot really.

I almost died of shock when Angel did a roadblock. Good to see Miss Precious actually pull her weight for once.

Really enjoyed all the WA challenges, a really great mix of diverse challenges (even if some were repeats).

I know this is about the Aus edition but I enjoyed the US premier episode so much more. It was bliss not having an egomaniac host injecting himself into the episode every five minutes with his pathetic attention seeking antics.

1 Like

No Room For Our Red Team On The Mat.

Tiffany And Cynthia From WA, Eliminated From The Amazing Race Australia.

For the penultimate leg of The Amazing Race Australia, the top four teams headed south of Perth to Fremantle.

The leg kicked off with a Roadblock that took one member into the clouds to jump out of a plane at 15,000 feet, before freefalling for one minute.

Teams then had to dive into some hard yakka at the Gage Roads Brewery. Teams were to transport twenty sacks of malt by hand, Kelly was determined that the best way of carrying the sacks was on top of the head. Other teams landed on this technique too, and all teams made it to the next challenge. However, unbeknownst to him, Kelly accidentally left his bumbag behind, which would prove to be a pickle further on in the leg.

After getting some help from the locals, teams headed to the historic Roundhouse for another tough challenge where Angel and Frankie came out on top. Tiffany and Cynthia, who completed the challenge last, were feeling a sense of comfort knowing a team had to return to get their bumbag from the Brewery.

It was then time for some quokka-n ‘n’ rollin’, with teams racing on foot to find the statue of iconic AC/DC singer, Bon Scott. Kelly and Georgia were the first to arrive and picked up the clue, but this is where they realised they were missing Kelly’s bumbag. In a rush, they returned to the Brewery to retrieve it. Unfortunately for Tiffany and Cynthia, this did not take long, and the Newlywed Teachers were able to maintain their lead. With the next step of the leg deciding who makes it to the final, all teams only had one focus – the mat.

In a nail-biting race to the Pit Stop, all four teams are within seconds of each other. Kelly and Georgia manage to narrowly beat out Angel and Frankie and Heath and Toni for first place, while Tiffany and Cynthia came in fourth and, unfortunately, were eliminated from The Race.

With the top three teams now decided, it is time for the epic final to choose who walks away with the biggest prize in The Amazing Race Australia history; $250,000 and a brand-new Isuzu D-MAX and Isuzu MU-X.

Continues Sunday At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

Lauren and Steph would be bummed they missed out competing at home, same goes for Tiffany and Cynthia because the final leg would take place in Broome.

As it turns out, it was Kelly and Georgia after completing their task at the Round House in Fremantle. They had to return to Gage Roads Brewery to retrieve Kelly’s bumbag, which he left behind while skolling non-alcoholic beer in the previous task. The couple made a big detour yet were still able to reach the pit stop in first place.

Of the final three teams, Kelly and Georgia were the only team who didn’t compete in every leg, which put them in a disadvantage for the memory challenge in the finale.

Notably not mentioned at from today’s upfronts.

2 Likes

Keeping their options open at least: Watch full episodes of TV shows for free on 10 play - Network Ten

3 Likes

Awesome finale. I think it’s the first time I’ve cried at the final pitstop!

6 Likes

So happy with the winners. They were my favourites from the start.

5 Likes

Yep same. So happy with that final!

And fingers crossed it is coming back!

3 Likes

The show could be really good if they make some changes. I hope it returns too.

3 Likes

Heath And Toni Win The Amazing Race Australi

After a thrilling final leg of The Amazing Race Australia for three teams in stunning Broome, it was an emotional and exhausted Team Memory Makers, Heath and Toni, who stepped onto the Pit Stop mat first, winning a $250,000 cash prize and an Isuzu D-MAX and an Isuzu MU-X.

Newlywed Teachers, Kelly and Georgia, were the first team out of the airport, where they travelled to Sun Pictures in Chinatown for their first challenge of the finale. Here they were to feed each other a plateful of Sweet and Sour Pork using two giant chopsticks. Heath and Toni were the first team to conquer the challenge and receive their next clue, followed by Angel and Frankie and a now last placed, Kelly and Georgia.

The racers then headed to the next Roadblock, where one team member was to take a boat out to collect a panel of oysters, return to the hatchery, and gently coax four giant oysters open to give to the Master Pearler to extract a pearl. After Toni gave each one a little high five and some quiet words of encouragement, she headed back to the shore. Heath and Toni were first to secure their pearl, followed by Angel and Frankie, and finally, Kelly and Georgia.

Heath and Toni rushed to the next challenge with Toni opting to take to the skies in a helicopter, ticking off one of her bucket list items, while Heath remained on the ground to carve a word in the sand for Toni to decipher. Angel and Frankie were close behind, and then overtook the Memory Makers. Kelly and Georgia received their clue next, leaving a frustrated Health and Toni in third place.

The next challenge saw teams collecting mud whelks from the mangroves and successfully cooking and eating one each for the judge. Following a demonstration, all teams were square, until a familiar problem struck Kelly and Georgia where they forgot their backpacks and had to return to the car to retrieve them. This gave Angel and Frankie and Heath and Toni a head start advantage.

The exhausted teams drove to their next Roadblock where they had to find a button hidden in one of two hundred sandcastles. Heath and Toni succeeded first, followed by Angel and Frankie, leaving Kelly and Georgia behind in third.

The next challenge had the teams solving a puzzle based on the order and time they had been at different clock towers around the world. Angel and Frankie arrived just as Heath and Toni finished, working fast to give themself a chance in a foot race. After a few wrong moves, they finally retrieved their final clue and were in hot pursuit of Heath and Toni. As they exited, Kelly and Georgia arrived before also receiving their next clue to take them to the Pit Stop.

In the last stretch, Heath and Toni passed a rock formation, spotting Beau and some of the previous contestants, before sprinting to hit the mat first, becoming the winners of The Amazing Race Australia 2022. Angel paused to put on her late father’s jersey before stepping on the Pit Stop mat with Frankie in second place. Finally, Kelly and Georgia hit the mat in third place to bring The Amazing Race Australia 2022 to a close.

5 Likes

Very happy with the winners. My favourite team.

Interesting that they covered up the branding on the cars used in Broome, inside and out.

Was there a car company involved in sponsorship this year? I can’t recall if it was mentioned :wink:

5 Likes

Same. The only thing for me that is annoying is that they have too many non-elimination episodes. I think I’d be happy to see that only used once in every race. It’s better if almost every episode had an elimination.

2 Likes

Me too. I am loving that the current season of The Amazing Race in the US has no non-elimination legs. Means teams can’t rest on their laurels and rely on non-elims to save them, makes everyone more competitive.

1 Like

Heath and Toni were well deserved winners of this season.

This is different from the US version which is occasionally sponsored by Ford, however the teams drive all brands of cars during the race, and the brands are not blurred in post production.

Given Broome’s location, I think these Nissan SUVs were the ones available to the teams at the time from a local car rental company.

Two other things:
Mantra Frangipani Resort appears in the credits. I think that’s not only where the final three teams picked up bucket and shovel for the sandcastle task, but also the place where the crew and the teams stayed overnight before flying home.
And only the last four eliminated teams were at the finish line. Where were the other 13 teams?

Would have been very costly to have all 20 teams flown to Broome. And they didn’t actually do anything apart from stand there to see who won.

1 Like