Thank God You’re Here (2023)

Happy to see Thank God You’re Here back but one aspect they absolutely don’t need to revive was those weird Damien Fleming segments.
Giving someone with no personality a weird recorded segment recorded in the middle which was clearly filler, it just didn’t fit in with the show at all.

1 Like

3 Likes

This is a revival that I think will do well.

With the audience registrations do we know what days of the week they are filming? It doesn’t say (only mentions HYBPA and Cheap Seats).

3 Likes

Nothing yet.

1 Like

I don’t know if it has been answered here before but why did Thank God You’re Here go to Ch 7 for Season 4 rather than 10 ? Working Dog don’t usually do much with 7 ? I remember something at the time about the studio being sold was it because 7 had a studio available?

Also I thought they would have at least used some of the old ensemble cast with new . I wonder if they will use some of the cast who did the skits on Mad as Hell.

Working Dog usually only did a few seasons of their shows and then wanted to move on to the next project before they outstayed their welcome. After three seasons on 10, they decided that was enough for the show. A couple of years later, 7 offered them big bucks to revive the show so they did one more season.

1 Like

An OG too!

They brought back All Aussie Adventures for a 3rd season years later but i think that show has run its course /run out of storylines .

Kind of surprised they didn’t offer big bucks again for the revival . Glad it’s on Ten though.

They probably didn’t shop it around. Maybe Ten came to them for ideas for a new show or revival.

I think they might have had a deal with Seven for a while since they made ‘Pictures of You’ and ‘Santo, Sam and Ed’s Sports Fever!’ at Seven before coming back to Ten.

3 Likes

Celia will be on The Cheap Seats tonight. Hopefully she will give us an update on the filming of the new season.

Working Dog website says TGYH is filmed on Thursday evenings.

2 Likes

No new details mentioned.

1 Like
3 Likes

The five-second blue door teaser aired tonight during Have You Been Paying Attention?.

Perhaps the new season is coming in August?

4 Likes

7 Likes

First promo aired tonight during The Cheap Seats.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Not the greatest promo IMO

1 Like

Hmmmm. I usually love 10 ads. This is a big miss.

5 Likes

Hope they bring back the hoodoo gurus theme song

2 Likes

Returns Wednesday 2nd August at 7:30pm.

2 Likes