Ten's weekend woes

Tench was good. He could do a week in review news show - a rip off of Pickering.

I was having a little think, which doesn’t happen often, and if Ten were to consider a Saturday and/or only Sunday version of the project and decided to do it live from Sydney this could give Rove the chance to host.

1 Like

Saturday night aint gonna happen. But a Sunday night loose version of The Project from Sydney would be good for that 6:30 hour.

1 Like

Another miserable share for Ten last night thanks to a disasterous Rugby figure. In Sydney, it might have even been outrated by AFL (which also rated poorly).

I think ten could get into the late night market as none of the other channels have anything good on. I know this isn’t weekend related but, on weeknights at 9:00pm resurect the Ten Eyewitness News: Late but make it more into a chat/news show. Then on Friday, get a good host and start a new late night talk show as no other networks have any. Having nothing on tv is the only reason I go to bed by 9pm.

$$$$… Although that would be great would 500-600k on a Friday justify the cost of a chat show? I agree about late night news, I know a lot don’t here. But I just can’t see it doing any worse, only better, than what is on at the moment. They could then put the duds on at 10:30 or on the multis.

1 Like

Great audience share from ten last night… behind go and 7 mate. Are they serious?? The rugby has got to go. It is a woeful sports rights deal. It’s not working. No one is watching the networ. The sub 6% audience share is unacceptable.
One person on here would be the only one who thinks ten are going great.

2 Likes

Aren’t all outside of prime time for the next 3 rounds. They have the Rugby for another 4 years after this.

1 Like

I hope it was cheap because nobody’s watching

1 Like

Well even if it was free it would probably be costing them money. What does it get in Adelaide 5-10k?

So 4 more years of woeful ratings on a Saturday night. Anyone remotely interested in rugby has fox.

I think the only people interested in Australia currently are the ones actually playing for the Wallabies.

1 Like

Back in the 70’s and 80’s Ten Dominated Saturday Nights with Young Talent Time in the Early Evening and Later on Bill Collins Golden Years of Hollywood, Once Nine Moved it’s Popular Variety Program Hey, Hey it’s Saturday against Young Talent Time around Mid-1985, The Former’s Rating begin the Decline Sharply so that’s Ten’s Saturday Night Woes Began.

1 Like

Live variety failed when 10 tried to bring the live variety shows back a few years ago. Do you think people would watch if 10 did a clip show of old variety shows? Similar to what Seven did to Hey Hey It’s Saturday.

I remember when Rove Live moved from Tuesdays to Sunday nights, and was an initial success (in 10’s standards). The Sunday episodes aired in 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway aired in early 2019. The 8 episodes didn’t do that well. Takeaway Reheated ((aka highlights) aired in 2020 when covid began, and flopped bigtime. Saturday Night Rover aired later in 2019, and axed after two episodes.

10 needs help for their Saturday nights. Currently full of repeats! A clip show though? It won’t rate well. But would technically be new content if a presenter is there to through to go through the clips (aka 20 to 1 format).

Nine did air Top Ten of Everything in very obscure timeslots. Could that work for 10?

1 Like

I really don’t think Saturday Nights matter anymore to 10. Just throw a movie or something on.

1 Like

10 has been airing movies for the last month or two. The first 3 or so aired at 8pm. First one being The Weird Al Yankovic movie, followed by The Wog Boy 1 & 2. Since then, i think the movies have aired at 9pm, including “xXx Return of Xander Cage” two nights ago.

All have seemed to rate poorly.

The audience for Saturday night is so tiny it’s not worth investing in

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. I thought it was a good time to make a trend of showing clips of different variety shows

1 Like

It doesn’t need to be on a Saturday night