Ten's Early Evening Woes

Monday to Thursday I eat 5:45pm - 6:19pm. (I usually read on the ipad when I am eating.

Friday night my dinner is 4:30pm - because I like being an 80 year old at 32 years of age :stuck_out_tongue:

Family Fued is a bore and they need to get rid of the simulcasting on One and Eleven. Itā€™s not needed now. I honestly donā€™t know what you could put a 6pm. I was going to say a music show, or like a e! entertainment type show, but we already have The Loop on Eleven.

1 Like

Maybe they could trial The loop at 6pm?

Remember Countdowns Revolution? It didnā€™t work in the 1990s and it wonā€™t work now. Why watch filmclips on telly at 6pm when you can YouTube and Vevo any time?

2 Likes

I eat at 7pm most nights. In Australia while either watching ABC News or Masterchef. I do a great toast and butter.

inb4 ā€œGET BACK ON TOPIC SCUMā€

1 Like

Why are you insulting me? Iā€™m not scum. Thatā€™s not nice.

He is suggesting a moderator will post the following comment. It wasnā€™t directed at you.

3 Likes

makes new topic ā€˜when do you eat dinnerā€™

1 Like

Since this is a Ten evening thread, the most important thing if you are watching Ten is to have finished eating before the tucker trial starts on Iā€™m a Celebrity.

6 Likes

To get out of this rut, ten need to do something drastic - like what they were famous for a decade ago. They caused massive schedule upheaval and disruption when they launched reality at 7pm. They now have the tent poles so why not do it again? Strip reality 7pm until 8.30 weeknights Monday to Thursday. Follow with an hour of drama/light entertainment (HYBPA, Your gen, thank god your here) and then place the project at 9.30pm and a news/light entertainment way to finish the night. Take that to 10.30pm or 11pm and follow with US dramas. Iā€™m still not sure what they do 6pm until 7pm?!?! But they could do worse than a game show hour.

1 Like

Keep family feud and air Temptation at 6.30 perhaps? :stuck_out_tongue:
They could even try bringing neighbours back to 6.30 on Ten

1 Like

terrible idea. Reality shows are starting to falter this year. Havenā€™t you been paying attention? :wink:

1 Like

Reality will pass. Its beginning to now. Reality cannot be a long term solution. And its not like reality always worked at 7pm on ten. It worked 50% of the time at best.

1 Like

In reality, anything that Ten airs in the 6-7pm slot will suffer against Seven and Nineā€™s News. In the nightly tv ratings, Family Feud sometimes makes the top 20, while the 6.30 portion of The Project rarely makes the list (it only makes an appearance on some Fridays, when most of other shows are down and is in ā€œweekend modeā€).

Sadly, most of us donā€™t know what Ten should do in the 6-7pm hour.

With Neighbours, I am one of those handful left who watches it on most nights on Eleven. Id leave it where it is, as it is Elevenā€™s number one show for some time. Moving it back to Ten arenā€™t going to be better than what The Project is getting at 6.30 (however, some nights, its not that far off it. But other nights, itā€™s way off its numbers). However, it should of been repeated on Ten during the day for more exposure!

Iā€™ve never really understood why Ten/Eleven doesnā€™t make more of time-shifting Neighbours across multiple screenings to get more eyeballs watching.

In the UK Channel 5 screens Neighbours twice a day and then itā€™s also repeated on its +1 channel and again on 5Star.

Thatā€™s four screenings a dayā€¦ and I havenā€™t checked weekends there may be omnibus screenings there as well.

But Eleven just has it on at 6.30pm and other than that thereā€™s the ever-frustrating TenPlay. I donā€™t even think Eleven does the weekend repeats anymore, either.

Agree.

I understand they want to ā€œprotectā€ the primetime 6.30pm run - but honestly that is not how people consume TV anymore. There are too many viewing choices to expect people to commit to a nightly show at 6.30pm.

Why not premier it 6.30pm Weeknights on 11, then repeat it 11.30pm on 11 and 4pm the next day on Ten as a lead in into Bold & The Beautiful. Soap hour.

6 Likes

I totally agree with that. You can add a weekend omnibus too.

350,000 people could be seeing Neighbors even day - rather than 200,000

1 Like

agreed, 4pm is a perfect time for it on Ten, the cooking shows can just shift to being earlier.

1 Like

Ok donā€™t shoot me for the suggestion but to mix things up, what about an evening light entertainment show? Called six-O (as in six o clock) and have it like a rove live style show (not with rove) from 6pm until 7pm. Interviews, comedy, celebs, maybe a 10 min game show segment within it, pre promote the stuff that is on that night, and maybe a few headline updates from the project desk at intervals. That way project could return to a faster paced 30 min format without the celeb padding. Hell you could even rotate the hosts each nightā€¦,Amanda Keller mondays, fitzy and wippa one night, hugesy and Kate, ā€¦I think that could work on tenā€¦,

3 Likes

Sounds like The One Show on BBC.