Ten's Early Evening Woes

I agree that the 7pm portion of The Project should remain, as it rates relatively well, and sometimes not that far off the number one show in that timeslot.

It’s the 6.30 portion of the Project that is a worry, and so is Family Feud. Both often missing out the top 20 in the ratings over the last few months. Could The Project air their “main guests” at 6.45pm, instead of at 7.29pm (which this segment is always rushed)? That could boost up its ratings?

I don’t know what we can do to Family Feud though.

2 Likes

Making some improvements to the 5pm News including more promotion of it would be a start. That way there are more viewers to follow on into Family Feud (as well as The Project).

FF could also do with a little more explanation of the rules during the episode to clue in any new viewers. In it’s current state it’s hard to know what’s going on all the time unless you’re familiar with the format, so that probably doesn’t help retain new viewers. The Chase in particular is very good at this.

3 Likes

The only reason The Project is justified taking 60 minutes of Ten’s schedule each weeknight is because they have nothing better to show between 6.30 and 7pm. As soon as Ten find that program, they should bring it back to 30 mins at 7pm. It’s the only way it’ll rate decently.

I still think Ten should try some form of news at 6PM again. I can only think of that being the only thing to slowly bite chunks out of 9 and 7’s share but it would take time though, and shouldn’t be axed after 6 months.

Don’t agree with that. Ten needs to be the alternative. But Family Feud is beginning to become boring. So another game show could and should be looked at.

1 Like

My idea is a revolutionary change. Just because The Project does okay at 7pm doesn’t mean it can’t be moved for something that could rate better. After 7 years in that slot it has pretty much stagnated in the ratings.

Thank you. :slight_smile: I would love Ten to be a real force. They were getting there in 2009 and 2010, then the news revolution happened shudder. Imagine if they went with my revolution in 2011 when Masterchef was rating 2m+. What would that have rated at 6pm?

As for tv habits, TVs are everywhere these days. You can make dinner and watch live on the ipad etc.

Family Feud is a complete disaster. The Project 6.30pm has failed and doesn’t win anything. 7pm does okay but relies heavily on a lead-out. Time for a make or break solution.

All the other solutions I’ve seen posted are cheap solutions which have mostly already been done. If you want cheap solutions, I’ve got the perfect cheap solution. :slight_smile:

Really? I think you’ll find the competition has dropped significantly in those seven years so The Project’s share would be significantly better.

1 Like

I don’t think its revolutionary at all. Reality is already a revolution. With The Project it doesn’t just do ok. It wins its 7pm timeslot in key demographics.

I appreciate the idea I just don’t think its a good one. Reality - Reality isn’t exactly a revolution I could get behind. It is one that will tire very quickly.

1 Like

Reality shows in the early evening are soo 2001 to 2010. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

still doesn’t mean people are giving it 100% attention which reality requires. people are cooking dinner, getting the kids ready for bed and all the other things people need to do in the evenings. 7pm is a perfect time for reality. the kids are in bed (or at least settled) dinenr is done and the dishwasher is on (or in the kitchen :slight_smile: ) and people want to relax

When did you eat? 4pm?

2 Likes

i normally eat around 5:30 to 5:45

1 Like

Sometimes.

It’s the timeslot rather than content that’s revolutionary. Unfortunately, reality isn’t a fad, it’s here to stay.

As for game shows at 6pm they’ve already tried Battle of the Sexes, Taken Out, Jeopardy and Family Feud. If even Family Feud can’t make 6pm work on 3 channels, I can’t see what else will?

Are you in a nursing home? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

i have two young children and we eat together as a family.

1 Like

I’m almost 21 and eat dinner at 6pm, sometimes 5.30.
So you’re not the only one :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A lot of people aren’t home by 6pm, keep that in mind.

3 Likes

If I am home I eat dinner between 5:30-6:30. Its more a health thing rather than a lifestyle decision.

1 Like

And then you sit in front of the telly for the next 5 hours. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

haha not quite about 6 hours.

No in all seriousness I would watch about 2 hours of tv, max a night. I do record things like The Project and either watch it when I get home from the gym or the next morning before I go to work.