Ten's Early Evening Woes

I actually quite like this concept, while it could be very expensive to produce I think it would be a very good point of difference and I can see it being a success in demos. In addition it would serve as a great lead-in for The Project and their tentpole reality.

For the sake of consistency perhaps they could have a permanent host with rotating co-hosts. I’d have Nazeem Hussain as host with Matt Okine on Monday, Denise Drysdale on Tuesday, Julia Morris on Wednesday and Rove on Thursday. On Friday nights have Roy & HG take up the slot.

1 Like

I like the idea but perhaps in a 30 minute slot rather than an hour. Keep the Project as it is.

That’ll cost about 5 times what they’re paying Grant Denyer for maybe a 10% increase in ratings.

1 Like

Ten really need to fix up Weekend news. Perth viewers are shamed for not having localised news. The ratings have dragged way behind ABC, 7 & 9.

4 Likes

Okay since when has it been dragged down on weekends? As they are first at five on weekends into Perth. And the national bulletin has been on air for at least 5 years, which is nothing new.

I was just thinking that today. Especially since its filmed 30 minutes before airing in sA. We hear that Australia only have 1 wicket in the test when in fact they now have 3.

Perth used to get a localises edition on weekend albeit from Sydney with same presenters as the national edition.

The good old days. But now i have turned elsewhere for local news during the weekends. :stuck_out_tongue:

So with TBL failing, what would ya’ll do to fix their schedule for the next 6 weeks (remembering 2 of those weeks are a non-ratings period anyway)?

I’d do the following:

Leave Sunday’s as is.
7:30 during the week:
Monday - TBL (edited to 2:10, followed by a movie)
Tuesday - Undercover Boss (brought over from ONE)
Wednesday - Shark Tank (I know this may stuff up their plans for the rest of the year, but it’s only 5 or 6eps and may help This Is Us)
Thursday - Dating Naked (brought over from ELEVEN, advertise as a trashy guilty pleasure)

Does anyone think any of these would work at all, or would they do worse then TBL? Dating Naked could appeal to some of MAFS’s audience?

I would move TBL to 9:30 Monday-Thursday.

Double NCIS Tuesday
Movie from 7:30 Monday
Jamie/All Star Family Feud on Wednesday
Modern Family on Thursday

This thread should be named ‘ten’s all round woes’

1 Like

Only temporary until Masterchef comes around.

Early Evening is a constant woe. The Project 6.30pm could barely scrape 300k last night, yet no one says anything.

3 Likes

I’d like this. Make em blockbuster movies or something, Monday-Thursday.

well even that’s not a given. Just ask Seven about MKR this year

2 Likes

I agree I think Masterchef will see some declines.

Doing alright now :slight_smile:

TBL has failed for how many seasons now?

That sounds like exactly the reason TBL was renewed.

Maybe it might have failed in 2015 as well as 2017.

TBL has been a total failure for 3 seasons now. How long does it take them to realise that it isn’t working!

The third season past its use-by date.

They’re fucking mental at ten. Really blind everyone said it would flop except the executive programmers are ten.

3 Likes

At what point do Ten move and do something about Feud? Despite decent promotion it’s going nowhere these days. <300k isn’t acceptable. Even an expanding news would do better than that, and would probably be cheaper.

It doesn’t help The Project which needs to build off of that.