Ten's Early Evening Woes

How about Ch 10 start promoting “Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five”?

And more heavily promote Family Feud during prime-time?

They’ve both collapsed the past year.

1 Like

The cuts to news on Ten and going back in time to the “Eyewitness News” brand has been a disaster. “Ten News” needs to return.

1 Like

I’d add another quiz show at 6.30 and make it a Quiz hour

eg.

5.00 ten|NEWS
6.00 Family Feud
6.30 Sale Of The Century
7.00 The 7PM Project
8.00 Reality Tentpole
9.00 Tabloid/Factual/Medical/Murder Doco
10.00 ten|LATEEDITION

1 Like

Only because 2 months after launching the brand they axed everything. The launch promo was good then they had some review and axed it all. They’re news strategy both times failed because they didn’t support it and got scared and never promoted it correctly.

1 Like

Should we rename this thread to ‘Ten’s 24/7 Woes’? :wink:

4 Likes

I do think the George Negus show was a bit too heavy for that time of night - needed something a little lighter. But if they had kept going and not changed track so quickly, who knows where it might have been today.

1 Like

According to Ten’s latest publicity it is having a good year so far - its best network demo shares since 2001 for the year so far.

1 Like

hahaha it isn’t April 1st yet :wink:

Still not ratings season so far. That must be due to the big bash and the slight bump from celebrity. The rest of the schedule is woeful and ofc they promote the same old shit.

Real talk I’d love to get my hands on that music, surely someone would have a copy of it

In a way, (compared to now) that was a great line up, too bad ten isn’t so news centric now

1 Like

I quite liked George Negus. I wish they would consider something like this at 9:30.

3 Likes

I know it might be overkill but how about expanding the Project to 90 minutes (6-7:30pm). The first half hour, have Waleed Aly read the news before Carrie, Peter, et al come on for the regular panel discussion format.

5pm - Ten News At Five
6pm - The Project
7:30pm - Tentpole Reality

1 Like

what about a jeopardy! comeback. it was last on air in a local version in1993 and so is a fresh format for australia (admittedly the US version screens on fox classics (why? it would be better on Fox8) on foxtel.

1 Like

The “Let’s bitch about Ten some more because everyday for the last five years hasn’t been sufficient” Thread.

8 Likes

I’ve never thought about that, and I quite like the idea, I’ve always wanted The Project to go a bit more newsy

:joy: :ok_hand: :100:

1 Like

MY plans:
5pm - News
6pm - Family Feud
6:30pm - The Project
7pm - Any show (Masterchef)
I rather like a 7pm start to a show. 30 mins of The Project is enough. Having it for 60 mins is too much overload.

Why do we have to have these mock schedules polluting this thread every year?

3 Likes

Why change The Project? It is doing well in Ten’s demographics. Last week at 7pm it was the number one weeknight “news” program outrating both Seven and Nine News. So it seems that more people are turning to it than regular news for their daily news fix.

2 Likes