Ten's Early Evening Woes

Depends which “day” you’re talking but there was a time, such as the early to mid 1990s, that 16-39 was their main target. They had a few concessions to sneak in some older viewers but essentially their “brand” was purely 16 to 39 or “under 40s”.

1 Like

What about Neighbours at 6pm back on ten? I really don’t think it’s the right show on eleven. It’s a really great show but the promos on eleven seems to be for a different show, the promos are to dark and OVER dramatic

1 Like

lol

2 Likes

I don’t see how these “woes” (if indeed they actually are) are going to be fixed by ditching/moving The Project and then just shuffling around existing shows that don’t rate as well to fill the gap. That’s not going to grow audience share, or even maintain what they have now.

3 Likes

The woes don’t really exist at 6pm. It’s more the pathetic and weak schedule beyond some of their tent poles and their lack of news programming that is tens problem.

If they had persisted with the news revolution as long as they persisted with the project ten would be going really well.

4 Likes

Some also forget that The Project was tried at 6pm. It didn’t work and they had a whole hour not working. The 7pm half has always been the strongest and will continue to be.

3 Likes

Re-instate The 7PM Project, evolve it into State-based editions (essentially making it a new-age news service). Keep Carrie in Melbourne (plus Ade and Per) and appoint talent like Georgia Love and Georgi Coglan in other states. Turn 6pm into Australia’s quiz hour - Family Feud followed by Sale Of The Century, Wheel or Perfect Match.

Don’t re-invent the wheel - evolve it.

1 Like

Hmm.

1 Like

They’ve tried relaunching all of these in recent years unsuccessfully .

1 Like

Seriously, no. For a start that instantly multiplies the costs five times, you’re just not going to get a dividend on that. And if they’re covering the same stories, well what’s the point.

4 Likes

And the state based news services are going down the gurgler so why would The Project with local content be a success?

1 Like

National content, local gags. It’s not really WHAT you do, it’s how you do it.

I like the idea of some local content but possibly a 2-3 minute whip around after the ad break where it goes to purely local headlines. So QLD would only hear QLD news etc.

1 Like

Which is a waste of time and money and is the complete opposite to what the rest of the world does.

Can’t wait for more “news” stories about car crashes, house fires and burst water mains. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You don’t realise how these burst water mains affect us South Australian’s :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Must be the highlight of the week for South Australians. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

haha sure is. With any event that occurs at Adelaide Oval. And lets not forget in March the state goes off with the fringe. We are a sad bunch of people.

A potential solution that’s not cheap. Make or break Ten.

Sun - 6pm I’m a Celebrity 7.30pm/8pm Another tent pole (Masterchef etc) then Australian Drama
Mon - 6pm I’m a Celebrity 7.30pm/8pm Another tent pole (Masterchef etc) then The Project then late news
Tue - 6pm I’m a Celebrity 7.30pm/8pm Another tent pole (Masterchef etc) then The Project then late news
Wed - 6pm I’m a Celebrity 7.30pm/8pm Another tent pole (Bachelor etc) then The Project then late news
Thu - 6pm I’m a Celebrity 7.30pm/8pm Another tentpole (Bachelor etc) then The Project then late news

Ten would have to commission double the amount of tent poles. Get the established tent poles on at 6pm and hopefully create some hit tent poles at 8pm. Take on Seven and Nine News and hit them where it will hurt the most.

I don’t understand the need to remove The Project. In the 7 o’clock timeslot it is only 100-300k behind the number 1 program and is a regular winner in the demographics. I just don’t know why you would bother changing that. I do think the 6pm needs a rethink. Family Feud has started to lose its appeal.

Plus your schedule is reality-reality-news-news. Bit repetitive and boring.

1 Like

Sorry @Sifon I love your passion but don’t agree with your programming ideas here at all.

Reality tent poles at 6? No. reality is continuing storylines. That requires audiences sitting down fully devoted to the TV.

That’s not how people consume TV at 6. Barely getting in door / running round / making dinner. That’s why news works and
Is so popular. You put it on and don’t need to be In front of the TV. Also why FF works.

And the project is doing great at 630 and winning 7

I agree FF is a little
Soft at 6. But reality tent poles is not the way to go.

Tens options are basically FF, sitcom repeats or News