Ten's Early Evening Woes

With all due respect, I wouldn’t consider moving The Simpsons to 6pm and HIMYM to 7pm as ‘looking outside the box’

1 Like

and again at 9.30pm some nights and 10pm other nights and new episodes 8.30pm Wednesdays. Not to mention all the episodes screened on Foxtel. But some people are never satisfied.

And, they run all 600 episodes back to back…in hell. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Probably bit more of a dig.

Australian content on the main channel please (and first run).

2 Likes

6.30pm Neighbours
7.00pm Family Feud

That’s more like a mock schedule.

I wouldn’t change The Project (7pm slot at least) at all- it’s going along solidly and provides stability. I get the concern with the 6:30 slot at the moment but franky Ten isn’t going to be able to come up with anything that will rate better anyway. It makes sense to have The Project at one hour as the costs work out better.

6:00 is an issue and I feel Family Fued isn’t working that well straight after news, but again there is no point in introducing any sort of news-based program whatsoever as it will be destined to fail. Other genres may work possibly but they would really need to think it through. A news/The Project slot links together nicely but I don’t think having a 90 minute edition of The Project starting at 6 will be popular and might even perhaps fragment the later 7pm audience which is doing great things for Ten.

Where’s the project?

As if ten would axe that show. It’s the only live program they produce in prime time. It does well at 7pm. It’s Australian. It’s news based which is needed. It’s on brand. And it is used for cross promotion. Your strategy would fail badly. Very badly.

6 Likes

Good spin there :slight_smile:

9:30pm. It can still do all those things you mentioned at 9.30.

My suggestion was about eleven not ten. Simpsons twice a night is not really overkill. It works successfully with shows like Big Bang and MASH and plenty of other shows. Not sure of the over saturation argument.

Not good spin, he provided facts which demonstrate that, compared to the rest of Ten’s schedule, The Project is performing above average in the advertiser friendly demos. At this point, I doubt Ten would be willing to mess with the only aspect of their early evening schedule which seems to be standing on its own.

Say it with me Sifon: if it ain’t broke…

2 Likes

Keep banging it until someone on the forum cracks.

Fact and spin, because news skews old. It’s easy for The Project 6:30pm and FF to do better in demos relative to the rest of primetime as 7:30pm onwards has to compete with programming more targetted towards the 25-54 etc.

Even I know Ten won’t touch The Project 7pm, but something needs to happen with 6-7pm in 2017. Doing nothing is not an option.

@Sifon

How bout you come up with a few programming ideas that you know would boost 25-54 ratings at 6 and 630pm and the forum will vote on the merits of each idea?

Another thing I don’t agree with. Why are they limiting themselves to one demo? They never limited themselves to just 16-39 back in the day.

The 6pm-6.30pm is the perfect opportunity to target younger viewers.

They’re not limited. They are focused on 25-54 primary, 18-49 secondary and 16-39 thirdly.

They are focused on 25-54 as that is where the bulk of ad dollars are.

And are the number 1 network in nursing homes from 4.30-5 weekdays.

3 Likes

At this stage, they’ll take any win. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Ten Eyewitness News is number across the one hour in the demos as well.

2 Likes