Ten's Early Evening Woes

Exactly. Who the fuck subscribes and pays $50 a month for Sky News?

Drawcard my arse.

3 Likes

So sky’s sub par news service will provide bulletins for ten. God help us all. At would be such a travesty. If anything sky should use Ten’s news rooms and beef them up.

Sky is that shit that I don’t think any one has even bothered to create a new topic on this forum board.

1 Like

Most agreeable thing on this thread.

Sky is horrendous- Ten, even with its cutbacks and small newsrooms, still manages to offer a product shitloads better than Sky News’ right-wing News Corp propaganda crap.

1 Like

Well I would tip that Sky would make use of Ten’s local reporters heavily. Sky has the best political team in the business. Ten could use some of Sky’s great presenters (including their ex iconic Tim Webster). Simulcast cheaply their breakfast show and other key bulletins. It would be a win-win.

Nice one. :joy:

Sky would lose most of its Australian news reports if it didn’t have access to Seven and Nine anymore, so it would have to rely on Ten News teams to provide the content. So that would mean more work for Ten newsrooms rather than less. If the money for that came from Newscorp it might be feasible.

I feel as if that News Corp influence would corrupt and taint the image of Ten’s news service. Right now it’s the most balanced out of all the commercial networks, but if News got their grotty fingers on it its integrity might go down the drain.

Just look at every News Corp publication/service in Australia.

If News Corp starts flexing its muscles, it’s a slippery slide downhill for Ten.

1 Like

In other news, Grant Denyer (Family Feud, Spelling Bee) has made the cover of TV Week. I mention this because it’s so rare that anyone not in Home & Away makes it on the cover these days. :stuck_out_tongue:

Younger Viewers are watching Family Feud across all Three of Ten’s Channels as an Alternative to the More Established and Higher Rating Seven and Nine News Bulletins.

I bet The Simpsons on one channel had more younger viewers when it was at 6pm

Meanwhile a lousy 390,000 watching The Project at 6.30pm. What is being done to address these consistently low ratings?

In the Dark Ages? Yeah, probably. We’re living in the future. lol

1 Like

6 years ago when we had much less channel and viewing options than we have now. A lot has changed…

2 Likes

I was referring to its 2013 stint at 6pm. Plenty of multichannels by then :slight_smile:

Ten Eyewitness News, Family Feud and The Project 6.30pm all have issues.

even since 2013 viewing habits have changed. Even Seven and Nine are not getting as many viewers now at 6.00 as they did three years ago. Look at Home And Away, only a few years ago it was still getting over 1m a night. What’s it getting these days?

Hardly surprising to read a claim that fewer younger viewers are watching FTA TV but in this case you are way off the mark. The same night in 2013 The Simpsons had just 286,000 total viewers approx the same number of under 55 viewers that Family Feud had last night. In 2013, just over 100,000 were in 16-39 and 150,000 in 18-49. Ten came a distant third in the demos that night where as last night it was number one 25-54 6pm-10.30

2 Likes

on 3 channels?

Moving on.Sorry I shouldn’t have brought it up :slightly_smiling:

You specifically compared the numbers for The Simpson on one channel to Family Feud - you lost the bet - time to pay up and stop bringing up a return of The Simpsons to 6pm on Ten.

3 Likes

Yes i said I wouldn’t bring up 6pm Simpsons anymore and I lost the bet :slightly_smiling: but not by much considering out of The Simpsons’ 286,000 I reckon 95% of that rating is under 55. And if you say Family Feud’s under 55 rating was about the same, that’s a sad indictment on Family Feud considering the simulcast on 2 other channels.

Does that mean the rest of Family Feud’s 501,000 total audience was made up of 55+? (about 215,000?) . It’s even worse than I thought.

[quote=“Sifon, post:59, topic:571”]
Yes i said I wouldn’t bring up 6pm Simpsons anymore and I lost the bet :slightly_smiling: but not by much [/quote]
You just can’t get over it, can you? You’re like the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. :stuck_out_tongue: You’ll still be banging on about it in twenty years.