Ten's Early Evening Woes

CMO - 10 bodged there sports by pushing them onto fox.

V8 supercars - fox, F1 - fox.

why would i watch an F1 race on 10 (or one) when i can turn onto fox, get uninterrupted coverage from green lights to chequered flag (yes they have ads but they don’t cut away from the on track action when they are on) with a great announce team (this especially applies to australia)

10 ahve bodged there sports coverage and they have no one else to blame

2 Likes

Most people can’t and won’t

So you would rather home shopping channels then stuff from News Corp? Is very weird. Surely one could replace a shopping channel.

Is this in comparison to 2014? Wouldn’t have been difficult to improve from 2014 in 2015.

The big goal for this year will be further improvement. Something I doubt Ten will achieve.

Nothing wrong with going back to what worked. What was delusional was moving these shows off to ELEVEN in the first place. These shows are still being made

I very much doubt that any channels from News Corp will be on FTA anytime soon because that doesn’t fit in with their current business model in this country.

And really, I’d be very surprised if TVSN and/or 15 Spree TV were kicked off the multiplex anytime soon for reasons that don’t need explaining.

1 Like

No one said anything about a shopping channel. And tvsn is NOT owned by news Corp. so yet another incoherent thought bubble on your behalf.

1 Like

Problem is it didn’t work. Wrong wrong wrong. You are referring to a pre multi channel, pre streaming world.

2 Likes

Gee it was only a suggestion. Where did I mention it?

Well The Good Wife, Elementary, Law and Order SVU, NCIS rpts and NCIS LA don’t do much better.

Can I ask you a question William. If you were a tv network exec that was running a channel to make money would you be happy with these shows getting between 120-300k?

1 Like

I can definitely understand this. It is expensive. But what happened to the times when money was spent at 9:30. Surely news is cheaper than what Rove, All Saints, Rush etc were at 9:30. Why can’t networks spend money at 9:30. Why does it have to be repeats? There are a lot of people getting home at 8:30/9:30 now. Lots. This could be the routine that this sorts of people are looking for when they get home. There are other markets and demographics out there and should be explored further.

1 Like

With instant news on the internet, less people get there news from television these day. And if they need it on TV at that time they have ABC News 24, SBS News and Sky News.

Ten already do 2 hours of news every weeknight. That’s enough.

And good to see you’re still infatuated with a cartoon.

3 Likes

Some people live in the past. Some people can’t move on. Some people can’t handle change.

Exactly.

All of the commercial local news services are on too early for me - if I’m lucky I can catch the last half of Nine/Seven after getting home, but why bother if I’ve missed the headlines.

don’t be so sure - one of the big rumours is that Sky News will eventually replace ONE.

Sky News is a big drawcard for Foxtel. If they do that, their subscriptions will drop even further. And why would they axe One when they can have an extra channel now anyway?

1 Like

I gotta agree with MarkHD. I think there’s a good chance of a Sky News / Ten deal (Fox10 / 10Sky News?). It makes sense - 24/7 news channel on FTA, plus simulcasts on 10 main channel in key slots like breakfast and late nights.

Don’t think you’ll see much expansion in their news offerings until then.

What would Seven and Nine, both having a stake in Sky News, think about it being used to prop up Ten?

It was rumoured before Christmas that News Corp was about to finalise a deal to buy Seven and Nine’s stake in Sky News. It was also suggested that Ten’s news operations would be shut down or severely scaled back in favour of outsourced services from Sky.

Isn’t sport the main drawcard on Foxtel