Ten's 4th channel

Why don’t they? Surely this will be win win for both parties. Ten get more content and each community Channel gets to stay on air terrestrially.

1 Like

C31 has no money, especially now.

Worst case scenario is they offload most of the shows onto 9GEM or 7Two.

Then what would be left for Eleven and One?
I still want one of the networks to do a 24-7 movie channel. Limit the amount of ads (in a row). Get some big-name movies.
Not that I can ever see this happening :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I wouldnt move anything from Eleven but would like One to be a documentary/movie network and a new channel to be a drama/crime channel.

1 Like

7Flix tried that. Didn’t work.

It wasn’t 24/7. Apart from movies, the schedule was filled with crap that didn’t rate on 7.

2 Likes

It was close to 24/7 at first. It was only after it didn’t rate that they filled it up with other stuff. Which for the most part doesn’t rate either.

2 Likes

Ten should get WIN to program a 4th channel for them, using some of their Crawford’s archive.

Bruce Gordon has said he “knows a thing or two about programming” when they threatened to go it alone and breakaway from Nine during their long running dispute, so TEN should make him prove it!

Proviso: No huge mappy style watermark is allowed!

1 Like

First the network needs to fix up One and Eleven before they start adding more costs to a new channel.

5 Likes

Ten need to fix their current multichannels first.
One needs to be completely overhauled, make it a crime/drama channel with flagship US procedurals.
Eleven needs to solidify itself as a youth-oriented comedy/drama channel.

Once Ten have their current multichannels in order, then they should look at a fourth channel. Probably a movie or doco channel.

3 Likes

Who would buy the overpriced DVDs if the shows are all on free-to-air?

Perhaps ten can spend money on programming their main channel and invest in content for that channel before we even consider a fourth channel. This mob can’t do one channel right let alone four. A news department that produces more than one hour of content a day wouldn’t go astray.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s arguable that Ten barely have enough content for three channels let alone four.

1 Like

TEN pays a fee for the use of the programs…

I can’t imagine that DVD sales are going through the roof.

I think the speculation about a fourth channel may be a waste of time. It may never happen for Ten.

I think FTA might decide that they are better off just streaming programs in future rather than have a costly channel to run. You might find some of the other networks dropping their multi-channels or possibly moving them online, like the BBC has recently done.

1 Like

What about a channel with a US company like SBS Food, or Viceland?

How about a partnership with Foxtel …not sure what genre…news?

9Life was done well .

A documentary channel with docos like Netflix has on a range of topics? Ten doesn’t even live stream their channels 24/7…

4 Likes

Yes please! Who has the rights to ‘Classic Albums’ TV series? Add some of that to the mix too

More important than a 4th channel, is to rebrand One and 11 under the Ten brand - so Ten have a suite of channels. The best number of brands is one.

Just stupid names but Ten World, TenX, Ten Now, Ten Edge, Ten Men, Ten More, Ten Duel, Ten Dos, Ten2 etc…

11 should become the home of US comedy, off Ten second runs to build audience (This Is Us, Offspring etc) and I’m a Celebrity bonus content. Something like “More Ten”

One should become a US / UK / Oz premium drama channel - like FX or Showcase. And I mean a premium high end feel. The kind of shows you get on FX, Showcase, US cable and Netflix. “TenX”

Ten
MoreTen
TenX

2 Likes

Foxtel has first run drama from HBO, BBC and some ITV via BBC, and has most other US cable dramas, don’t they? And Netflix won’t be selling their programs to anyone. Where is Ten going to get the programs from?

1 Like