Ten's 4th channel

Yes some of the programs that ABC2 airs after the ABC KIDS have gone to bed isn’t exactly family friendly, to say the least!

3 Likes

If only Australian networks would adopt the UK model of splitting the channels in the EPG, people wouldn’t get this impression.

1 Like

Yeah Good Idea What About GSN Australia

@KICK-IT @Megalomaniacally

Eleven could rebrand as Ten CBS, similar to SBS Viceland and SBS Food Network as Ten already has a content supply deal with CBS (in addition to local content) and CBS also owns a third of the channel already.

It wouldn’t be too hard to replace the CBS “eye” with the Ten logo and the CBS wordmark beside, like the SBS Viceland logo. It would probably make coverups easier!

4 Likes

Time will tell, however I honestly don’t see a new channel coming, not in 2017 anyway. They need to fix the other mess first. I would rather see them fix the News department first.

The niche channels are just that niche, if they do release a fourth channel in the future, it would probably for financial gain because of the advertisements. I can’t see them doing a movie channel though. Can only imagine how many times The Devil Wears Prada gets a run!

I don’t see Ten adding a 4th channel anytime soon.

Nine and Seven copy each other’s every move - where as Ten seems reluctant on certain things (4th channel, Live streaming 24/7 etc)

I’d rather see One and 11 rebranded under the Ten brand, and some efforts to improve the 6-730pm slot (not new shows - just a concentrated effort to grow FF and Project) and a flagship national bulletin offered at 9.30 weeknights

4 Likes

Why the hell would they want to be tied to one American network? That would ne so limiting and for what purpose?

Why would they want to be an offshoot of an American network anyway? Haven’t you noticed how Australian audiences have been switching off American content in droves?

2 Likes

Eleven is already heavily tied to CBS, most of its content comes from the ownership and supply deal between Ten and CBS. Such a rebrand is not so unrealistic.

Neither do I, but we can imagine.

1 Like

Eleven’s US content isn’t exclusively from CBS though, the channel does air some FOX programs as well! :wink:

Were Americanised enough. We don’t need to be sell-outs on every level. If anything, Ten should be building up their own brand, so they could set up channels in other countries in the same way the Americans, Brits, Germans, French do.

Exactly. And Aussie stuff such as Neighbours as well as encores and repeats of other Ten shows.

1 Like

I mentioned previously that Eleven has local content in addition to its CBS-sourced content. This is not unlike SBS Viceland or SBS Food Network which have exclusive supply deals, but also air locally-produced content. Branding a channel after an overseas network does not necessarily restrict the channel to non-local content.

2 Likes

But it’s a massive sellout and a loss of identity.

my prediction: Australian Christian Channel, Ten already carries a few hours of religious programming in the early mornings, so why not 24/7 religion?

A longshot: Ten could lease some of its fourth channel spectrum to community TV in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

Well its one less channel I would need to flick through.

4 Likes

lovely

1 Like

7TWO and 9Gem also have religion on Sunday morning. Most of the religious programs on commercial television are paid programs. But ACCTV does not accept payment for the programs on their channel, there are no paid programs, so it would be difficult for Ten to make any money out it, I would think.

They already do 2 home shopping channels, why add a 3rd?

2 Likes

I agree, I’m getting bored of watching the Lord of the Rings over and over. It would be refreshing to see more high-concept fantasy stories on FTA with ACC.

7 Likes

Top idea that, Community TV, not the religion one. All the right markets even.

1 Like

If ACC was going to be on a Ten sub-channel they would be paying carriage fees (TVSN currently does this), a nice little revenue earner for Ten! If C31 does though, the carriage fees would be much less than transmitter expenses on its own!

3 Likes