Ten (X-Ten) On-Air Presentation 1988

Ident:

PRG:
coming soon

Promo endtags:

12 Likes

X-Ten is two of Ten’s best station logos (the current one is the other).

4 Likes

Agreed, the X is latin smart, wondering if the Circle around the current ten is because of the channel 0 relation.

3 Likes

Some more Promo Endtags, from April/May 1988:

…and a few from later in the year (the end of the Ident was also tweaked along with the Promo look, if I’m not mistaken):

Probably varied from market to market in those days, but here’s a cap of the Sydney version:

4 Likes

I recently found a video on YouTube of NRTV using the Ident Music of this time period of X-Ten, and it baffles me because I don’t think they accocated with Network TEN at that time?? Can anyone help me solve this case??

YouTube: sirmechie

1 Like

I believe it was not unusual for network tunes to be sold to smaller stations. Smaller stations would not have had the money to produce their own decent packages.

Sometime in the ‘80s, ITQ Mount Isa had an ident that used an earlier WIN Wollongong ident tune.

3 Likes

Used to promote TVQ-0’s upcoming switchover to 10. Also used in test transmissions.

10 Brisbane (1988 1)

Once the switchover occurred on 10 September, it was ‘Ten, Brisbane Style’.

Screen_Shot_2018-12-28_at_9.32.39_pm

For those watching in the Gold Coast, the switchover would not affect TVQ’s UHF Channels.

3 Likes

A few program promos and a “late night” station ID (leading into Late Night Australia with Don Lane) from ATV10 on the night of 2 March 1988

YouTube: Mike Squier

3 Likes

Personally I feel this my favorite iteration of it. More “glass” like.

6 Likes

Eyewitness News - Fishing promo - and reference to them winning the Thorn Awards

1 Like

Does anyone remember this song to promote Channel Ten Perth in 1988? It came in at No.41 at this year’s Coldest 100.

2 Likes

PRG:

5 Likes

The 1989 version of TVQ’s Brisbane Style ID.

10 Brisbane (1989 1)

2 Likes

If Elon ever took over a TV network :slight_smile:

Would it be as bad as when Bob Shanks took over?