Ten (WIN)

Even if thats the worst case scenario, then that could be Prime Media’s worst case if SCA did form some sort of deal with Seven West Media.

SCA can’t buy back the station from WIN in northern NSW because WIN has a 5 year agreement with ten network in northern NSW. The agreement expires on the June 30 2026

1 Like

What nonsense. WIN and SCA can do a deal if they like but it’s doubtful SCA will buy. It won’t affect the on air content except News Updates.

2 Likes

just because such a deal exists doesn’t mean WIN can’t sell it.

6 Likes

The agreement would be with Northern Rivers Television pty ltd or whatever WIN have renamed it if they have. Money talks, it would be sold if the price is right.

8 Likes

Yes the deal is with the company that actually owns the licence and WIN can sell that company and any agreements that exist will continue.

NRN’s affiliation with Ten was unchanged when SCA sold the station to WIN back whenever they did that (2017 I believe but don’t quote me on that).

2 Likes

Apparently, trading as Ten Northern NSW since 2000.

Trading names are often different to registered business names. Win may not have changed either.

Business names are trading names (as of 2012).

https://business.gov.au/Planning/New-businesses/Business-names-trading-names-and-legal-names

Would the owners of ten network care?

1 Like

Nope. As long as they’re getting paid their affiliation fee they wouldn’t care. Ten seems pretty hands off with their affiliation partners.

1 Like

Is Ten NNSW still fully branded as WIN or have they switched to “dirty” Ten branding (like WIN’s Nine stations)?

1 Like

Dirty branding.

Wouldn’t be surprised if their long remaining promo people have been retrenched as a result. Other than the odd WIN Network promo there is literally nothing else.

2 Likes

I’m up on the Central Coast on a break (fully-vaxxed Sydneysiders such as myself are now allowed up there), and can report that WIN’s Ten affiliate stations have now added the location for its main SD & HD channels, in line with its Nine affiliate stations that was first reported last weekend.

For example:

5 10SD Newcastle
50 10HD Newcastle

8 Likes

Are they airing WIN Network idents, sponsor boards and so on like the Nine on WIN stations?

1 Like

I’m not sure. I didn’t watch for long.

1 Like

Do the watermarks say 10 Newcastle or 10 WIN?

What? It’s just a dirty feed bar the ads.

3 Likes

Can confirm. But no changes to Peach or Bold.

1 Like

Why are they the only 2 possible options?

2 Likes