Ten (WIN)

Yes Ten provides the programs. Ten and WIN own a 50% share in local advertising sales. Nah, too out of the box for Australia.

1 Like

To avoid confusion in overlap areas they should include the location, e.g.
10 HD Gold Coast, unless 10 Brisbane have a separate Gold Coast feed? If so, then maybe
10 HD (WIN)?

2 Likes

News Updates still branded WIN News.

8 Likes

Mandurah in WA is the same, all 6 commercials from a local UHF. I live just outside the metro area in a different region and if people want to receive metro, they just install a Balun Phased Array.

3 Likes

I live in Banora Point in Tweed Heads and get 3 10 stations 10 Lismore, 10 Brisbane, and 10 GC. I have 2 log periodic antennas one facing Mt Springbrook for Northern NSW stations and the other facing Mt Tambourine for GC & Brisbane stations. It’s good for daylight saving and getting news from both states.

7 Likes

Yeah some people on the southern Gold Coast and Tweed get Lismore stations as well the GC & Brisbane stations

6 Likes

Any WIN Network promos popping up on NRN?

4 Likes

I used to live in East Banora about 10 years ago, and we could only ever get Qld channels.
An absolute pain during daylight savings.

2 Likes

Yeah cause of that most installers in Tweed these days will try to pull in both NSW and QLD channels. Depending on where you live in the area you can get both with stable reception using the one antenna.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what channels the folks in Kingscliff get? Does the GC signal reach that far?

1 Like

Yes. Lots of people there have antennas for the Gold Coast stations.

4 Likes

Yes, I saw a WIN Network program sponsor promo last night on The Living Room.

4 Likes

Yes houses to as far down as Pottsville to as inland as Murwillumbah have antennas for both GC/Brisbane & Lismore channels

3 Likes

I began back in the analogue days before aggregation so in addition to the local RTN 8, they could receive 3 the metro stations from Brisbane.

I’d say it has continued partly because it is a big holiday area with lots of visitors from Queensland. So Brisbane tourists can travel interstate and still get to watch their local TV stations.

5 Likes

WIN’s new sponsor billboard for their 10 stations:

11 Likes

Interesting that they’re not treating NNSW as “Ten on the WIN Network” like they are with Nine.

7 Likes

Here’s a restyled Crawfords version:

4 Likes

That can’t be the only reason. I think the broadcasters and ACMA just haven’t bothered to find a commercially viable solution in the 30 years since aggregation.

Which of the six Gold Coast broadcasters (or technically five as NBN/QTQ are both owned by Nine) actually have the rights to the license area if it were to be reduced to 3?

If the eventual mergers of the regional and metro broadcasters doesn’t happen any time soon, my idea would be to setup JVs between the affiliates and the Brisbane broadcasters and reduce to just 3 commercial transmissions.

2 Likes

The licence of the area is for Richmond Tweed part of NNSW. The reception of the Gold Coast stations including Brisbane is fortuitous out-of-area reception requiring a higher than normal gain antenna.

2 Likes

Then why does Gold Coast get Brisbane Metro and NNSW?

And if it requires a high gain antenna, explain how I am in a hotel room on Level 3 with a wall blocking the view to Mt Tamborine and I’m getting reception with Kmart Rabbit Ears?

2 Likes