Ten (WIN)

And Nine wouldn’t allow WIN to brand their local news as “Nine News” either.

3 Likes

I noticed some Nickelodeon promo ads were airing last night on 10 Peach Nthn NSW. Unless they were from the dirty feed, I can’t find anything to suggest that it’s coming to us northerners.

2 Likes

Would have been on the dirty feed.

2 Likes

Deflecting blame when people can’t watch a channel?

Maybe, though if that’s the case, if I were 10 (or Sky), I’d be very unimpressed with the affiliate.

1 Like

It’s identical to the message they put out months ago with the Nine channels… except this one says “some free-to-air networks…” and the Ten references of course

1 Like

Why not, Southern Cross used to do exactly that.

Yes, but Ten are not Nine.
Nine play hardball with their affiliates, a lot more so than Ten.

The plan could be for others to follow suit later on as well just like the Tasmanian ones did so it does work for that.

SCA probably edited the promo for WIN. The SCA style 10 News First opener and the space between 10 and HD in the channel name suggests this. They did work together to transition Tasmania over after all.

2 Likes

Goodluck to anyone who has an enquiry if the receptionist can’t get her head around what’s happening.

6 Likes

Most receptionists at stations that I have ever phoned don’t usually have a clue what’s going on about anything.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, despite their reputation for being “director of first impressions”, receptionists are usually the last to get told anything.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I was trying to infer in relation to the previous post.

2 Likes

I hear it happens quite frequently (not a big watcher of 10’s channels personally)

The risks are well known (and have been for some time) - the fact that networks are making the move to MPEG-4 now gives a strong suggestion that they’re no longer that worried about the impact on viewer numbers.

1 Like

Well no, because Nine produced it themselves.

Well yes, TDT had Nine News updates produced through SCA’s Tas resources.

In 2016-21, was TDT the only Nine affiliate that SCA produced Noodles for? Did Nine produce them for all affiliates in the Eastern states?

I know it’s a bit off topic, but are/were there any local noodles on Nine and Ten in the GTS/BKN area, or just SCA-produced Seven-branded ones on Seven?

3 Likes

I believe so, all the others (not aggregated East Coast markets) were primary Seven markets for SCA.

3 Likes

I can confirm that there wasn’t when I had access to this information, and I assume there still isn’t. News updates in that area are only on Seven

3 Likes