Ten (WIN)

Interesting.

Just had a look at SCA’s 10 Townsville and it looks the same as metro, unless they too are getting a clean feed and are just doing a better job than WIN!

1 Like

Is WIN doing 10 play out for S.NSW, VIC and QLD?

This might be an SCA issue, not WINs?

Nah, SCA’s playout is done at NPC. I mentioned what SCA are doing just incase they too were adding their own 10 watermark to sports because that would explain where the problem is in the chain. But I can’t tell as it looks exactly like 10 metro’s watermark.

From memory, 10 has always given their affiliates clean sports programming, which means it should be up to the affiliate to add in an appropriate watermark. This goes way back to when Southern Cross Central was showing Ten AFL matches and they’d use their own SCTV 10 watermark. Plus countless examples of Ten sport on WIN WA with just mappy in the corner. Then there was the recent Fox Sports A-League deal with 10 which saw WIN using their own homemade Fox Sports/10 watermark.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Haha that’s terrible!

Still no watermark on 10 West. I’m not complaining, but I don’t think Network 10 would be overly thrilled that their sports programming isn’t being branded properly.

6 Likes

Don’t think they’d particularly care really, it’s not their asset anyway. WIN could still brand the channels if they wanted to, but have chosen not to as a cost-saving measure in line with the Nine agreement.

1 Like

You’re probably right. Just seems careless.

1 Like

I think she still can’t believe there’s no watermark!

3 Likes

This week, WIN are using a standard 10 Live watermark on 10 BOLD. Slowly getting there I suppose?

6 Likes

I miss Mappy :cry:

1 Like

Mods, please ban.

10 Likes

Said nobody ever. This is clearly a troll-bot! :japanese_goblin:

1 Like

What my EPG looks like in Tweed

5 Likes

I’m guessing you have 2 aerials? One pointing towards Mt Nardi and another towards Currumbin Hill?

The regional channels from Mt Nardi must be stronger in your location so you’re getting Lismore instead of Gold Coast.

Looks like a good place to watch programming on DST “timeshift”

1 Like

Yes I have 2 antennas one pointing at Mt Springbrook for NSW channels as I can’t get Mt Nardi as the hill behind me blocks it and the other antenna pointing to Mt Tambourine for QLD channels. It comes in handy for getting news from both states and having the 1 hr difference during daylight savings.

8 Likes

It was a joke

3 Likes

It looks like WIN are now using a custom-made 10 BOLD LIVE watermark now. Let’s see if they settle on a design once and for all.

Perth for comparison:

4 Likes

Could they not get the same watermark Ten use?

It contains ‘HD’ which is why they’re probably reluctant to use it.

3 Likes