Ten (West Digital Television)

Confirming the JV Mildura channel is exactly the same - unwatchable basically.

2 Likes

As @Bergoine pointed out a while ago, it looks like they up the quality for event programming like tonight’s SOO. It looks like a normal Nine SD channel.

It will no doubt turn back into VaselineTV after the match.

10 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Reminds me of when WIN had “crystal clear HD for Origin but SD at all other times” on LCN-80 during their final month of Nine affiliation half a decade ago.

7 Likes

WIN even dropped the HD watermark on WIN HD during the last few weeks of the previous nine affiliation.

1 Like

Back to ‘normal’ after the SOO.

6 Likes

The picture quality of Nine Mt Gambier is exactly the same as this terrible.

1 Like

I’m pretty certain when West TV was a 10 station the quality was never as bad as it is with Nine. Let’s hope it returns to that.

1 Like

I’ll bet most people in Mt Gambier (and other SA towns near the Victorian border such as Bordertown, Frances, Naracoorte, and Penola) watch SCA Nine Western Victoria (and WIN Western Victoria after July 1) instead of WIN Nine SA as a result.

I wonder whether this is on purpose (especially on Terrestrial) to try and get some action to ditch DVB-T in regional areas

2 Likes

Well I definitely try to watch SC9 via western Victoria as much as possible, the picture quality is a bit better & there’s 9 in HD as well & I normally watch the Adelaide 9 News via the 9now app. One bonus is that from Thursday, 9HD will be available in the south east SA again.

4 Likes

I know that the Mount Gambier stations reach across the border into Victoria but I wasn’t aware that Western Victoria reaches across into SA?

3 Likes

It does reach some parts of SA, especially those close to the border, but you need a VHF antenna & a long pole like this one on the top of my house.

9 Likes

Looked at regional WA TV guide for Thursday and listed under Nine is 10 programming. Is it just done as a provision or could things be happening?

I can remember in 2016, it had To Be Advised listed the whole day after the switchover as a deal had not been done.

1 Like

Channel Changes section is now on Regional WA WIN page and shows 10 channels for the 5 LCN range

4 Likes

Like WIN, they can’t seem to change their old numbering system. I wonder why?

1 Like

Mmmm Calibri, how professional :joy:

2 Likes

Matching the real LCN names to boot!

1 Like

I should point out that those 3 digit LCNs for VAST are wrong. They’re actually the service ID’s or SID’s of each channel, hence the weird order. VAST boxes and TV’s show the usual one or two-digit LCN like terrestrial. Not sure who got the memo but they obviously don’t know too much about the service :grimacing:

11 Likes

What’s wrong with Calibri?
Just because something’s a default font doesn’t make it unprofessional.
At least they didn’t use the hideous Arial!