Ten Sport

I just turned on the telly to see Eddie Everywhere on 10’s Cup Day coverage.

Its interesting that his vsrious broadcast contracts allow him to appear on competing services at various times.

3 Likes

He currently does everything freelance (bar Hotseat and Footy Classified).

1 Like

Love to see him pop up on SBS or the ABC lol.

3 Likes

He’s added a sense of gravitas and professionalism to the coverage. 10 just don’t have the big sports broadcasters anymore to be able to anchor the coverage. Matt White did a good job in the first year they had the coverage.

Stephen Quartermain seems on the outer there these days and it’s probably no loss given his right wing ramblings on Twitter.

7 Likes

is the Melbourne Cup translated? Interested to know how the broadcast works in non English speaking countries! :racehorse:

1 Like

Good to hear Craig Willis as the MOC. Shame the AFL didn’t use him.

5 Likes

A very soft f bomb from Mark Zahra during his interview. Probably understandable :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not sure what one has to do with the other… if you are being unbiased.

1 Like

No cmo’s not saying he lost the gig because of it. cmo’s just saying that they’re not upset that Quarters isn’t doing it anymore.

Foxtel didnt renew his contract at the end of 2021 so he doesn’t host/call AFL on Fox Footy anymore.

3 Likes

I think one has a lot to do with the other.
It’s called keeping one’s political opinions (of any persuasion) to themselves and being a professional.

2 Likes

My workplace had it on 7 before the race, only when I walked it we changed it to 10, and everyone assured me it was on 7…Seems weird being on 10.

So is 10 not looking at renewing? Is this back on 7 in 2024?

5 Likes

This is exactly what I was saying. People don’t realise it’s on 10 and miss it, then will complain about it.

2 Likes

I remember one year I was at work they just watched it on racing.com. I think it may have been the first time Channel ten had it. in recent times.

3 Likes

I think ratings will tank this year, doesn’t seem to be the race that stops the nation as it once was. Was zero interest at work aside 2 people. In the past a hundred people would enter the room to watch.

5 Likes

7 only had it for 15 years prior to that it was on 10 for around 25 years. So it really is a legacy sport from 10s heritage. Young people wouldn’t know that nor are they interested. This assumption it needs to be on 7 is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Which I believe his company produces…

2 Likes

Correct.

Interesting they let Martin King and A Current Affair in to roam around and film. Seven wouldn’t let anyone in.

1 Like

I doubt the opinions are as bad or biased as he makes out. The problem with social media is you end up unmasking your thinking, so everyone ends up either left or right. Would be nice if no journalists were on it, but just isn’t going to happen.

1 Like