Ten (Southern Cross)

SCA 10 seem to have a lack of local advertisers in the South Coast NSW region. They are running “Sensational South Coast” promos looking for advertisers, but rarely show local ads.

1 Like

Covid and the least watched commercial television channel. Seems about right.

6 Likes

SCA 10 have a lack of local anything

6 Likes

Uh oh, Nanna is not happy. Due to the Soccer on 10, Mass For You At Home is moving to 10 BOLD, but SC10 is playing an infomercial instead in that timeslot. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

It has been 1 year since SCA switched back to Ten.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Southern Cross Austereo full year results related to TV

Following the affiliation transition from Nine to Network 10 in the 3 aggregated markets, SCA’s television assets generated underlying EBITDA of $29.9 million, which was neutral compared to FY21. Television’s underlying EBITDA margin rose from 17.6% to 23.7% reflecting SCA’s operational efficiency and market leading sales power ratio of 1.09 in east coast markets.

Following completion of a strategic review, SCA has concluded that value will be maximised by continuing to hold its television assets. Supported by SCA’s financial adviser, Grant Samuel, the review included engagement with several interested parties. Bids from these parties did not align with SCA’s valuation of the television assets.

4 Likes

I gather SCA don’t bother monitoring misinformation on SBN?

1 Like

They’re selling off TV space to whoever’s willing to pay for it. That’s about where SCA’s concerns for SBN end.

3 Likes

Despite the segment’s ongoing weakness, Blackley said there were no immediate plans to sell off the company’s TV business, after a formal process last year failed to attract a substantial offer.

“By the end of that process, we hadn’t received an offer we felt was a fair value of the TV assets,” he said, and it delivered “millions of dollars” in non-cash benefits by promoting the company’s radio network to viewers.

2 Likes

It will be extremely very difficult for the owner of ten network to buy stations off SCA at this stage. But who knows what might happen in future.

I wonder if the 9 network should have bought SCA stations when it had the chance to do so. But it’s too late now.

Very easy, Paramount just needs to offer the inflated EBITDA SCA is seeking.

They’ll be happier with the merger with WIN. No purchase costs, plus the other (although minimal) assets that come with the ratings winner.

But will they? Time will tell

Probably not. They get 30-40% of those stations revenue for doing nothing.

1 Like

This is SCA’s new Canberra office in Fyshwick via Google Maps. It fits in this thread as SCA operates a 10 station in Canberra. I will also post on the Broadcast Facilities thread.

4 Likes

I seem to recall that the 10/SCA affiliation deal signed in 2021 was for 2 years. I’m guessing it will continue given the other arrangements in place with other operators but does anyone know if any announcements have been made or are to be made about this?

2 Likes

As a public company they have to disclose all material news, so the ASX would be the place to look. Typical media news outlets would be expected to then carry the story from there.

2 Likes

I also recall it was two years because that put it in line with when Prime’s affiliation with Seven was to finish - but of course since then, there’s no larger Seven deal available anymore as there’s no Prime anymore.

I suspect it’ll get renewed as a matter of course (and I agree with @Aurora, looking up SXL in the stock market’s announcements will eventually see something mentioned - there’s nothing there now), but I guess anything could happen in the next month.

3 Likes

The Nine-WIN affiliation runs for 7 years until July 2028.

Since there’s literally no other option (goodbye Prime), SCA’s affiliation will have to be renewed this year anyway?

3 Likes