Ten Pilot Week 2018

How many times do we have to tell you. They have one: Skit Happens.

Comedy Inc was never the success Fast Forward, The Comedy Company or Full Frontal were.

1 Like

It’ll be rather interesting to see how that program goes.

Australian TV could do with a decent sketch comedy program, but I really hope Skit Happens isn’t another Double Take or Open Slather (if you remember those two shows, you’ll probably remember why they didn’t last long).

Comedy Inc (including the later “The Late Shift” incarnation) was probably one of the stronger sketch comedy programs since the turn of the millennium, but I agree.

Perhaps the biggest reason those programs you mentioned were a success during the Late '80s and 1990s was because they each had a strong cast of performers, some of whom have since gone onto far bigger and better things. It’d be very hard (but not entirely impossible) to try and replicate that element today.

1 Like

Surprised that Dave just jumped the gun a little and announced this will be airing on Friday 24th at 8:30pm following The Living Room given the line-up hasn’t been announced yet.

Also surprised like others that the blue/yellow logo keeps popping up, Ten should really try to quality control check this a little more to ensure brand consistency.

3 Likes

Maybe I explained it wrong or you misunderstood yes I know they have that coming, I was trying to say I think that type of show might just work and do well .

Rove McManus also tweeted today his Saturday night show would be shown on August 25.

2 Likes

For the love of god please Sportsbet put odds on this being Ten’s lowest rating week of the year, because I want some of that action.

1 Like

Love the positivity on this forum for new concepts :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

people have things they know and love like The Block - I just think a big in your face load of new things is going to backfire - you’re asking far too much of the audience.

It will be interesting to see the Gogglebox families review these shows and Street Smart when it comes back.

2 Likes

Here is the full schedule:

Compared with my predictions which were way off apart from Rove’s show:

Pilot week preliminary schedule

Sunday 19 August
07:30 pm Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures
08:00 pm Skit Happens
08:30 pm Disgrace!

Monday 20 August
07:30 pm Australian Survivor
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
09:30 pm Drunk History

Tuesday 21 August
07:30 pm Australian Survivor
09:00 pm Taboo

Wednesday 22 August
07:30 pm The Bachelor Australia
09:00 pm Kinne Tonight

Thursday 23 August
07:30 pm The Bachelor Australia
08:30 pm Trial By Kyle

Friday 24 August
07:30 pm Living Room
08:30 pm Dave

Saturday 25 August
07:30 pm Bring Back… Saturday Night

6 Likes

I’m not the only one that thinks these are all scheduled too late, surely? (Apart from Bring Back Saturday Night)

Good luck with that bet. In Ten’s worst week this year, Ten News was the top show on Sunday and The Project on 3 of the other days. In Pilot week they will still have Russell Coight, Survivor, Bachelor and HYBPA running.

5 Likes

I think its time to ring Bev… lol jokes. As Bledisloe Cup is on prior to it.

1 Like

At 5.35pm EST. Means BBSN is following it.

Yes way too late! They should screen them at 730pm to get better results as to what people like!

1 Like

what I mean is that it will probably run overtime.

I’ll bet Ten are hoping whatever crowd is watching the game (likely the biggest Saturday night they’ll have had in a while) will stick around for BBSN, so running a little overtime won’t be a problem.

Fair point. I’d argue none of these will start at the actual advertised time!

what is this ‘Drunk History’ and why does it sound like an X-Rated version of Horrible Histories but with the people a little bit shitfaced?

2 Likes