Ten Pilot Week 2018

Ten should take him to court for defamation!

How is he defaming them?

1 Like

What he’s doing isn’t good but defamation is way OTT.

If you listen to his podcast he gives credit to Ten where it’s due. The criticism directed towards the programming and promotions at that network is warranted. There’s not a lot to praise given Ten is being outrated by SBS and multichannels on some nights. Pilot week was a great idea that was poorly executed.

3 Likes

This topic has been spoken about on these forums again and again…I’m not saying anymore :joy:

The article about the project having entertainment values was just pathetic.

Yep Id believe this too.
I listened to one of his previous podcasts and he was saying how he believes CBS aren’t going to be willing to put heaps of money into Ten like everyone believes. :thinking:
Yet they were bidding big on the cricket.

I hope they pick up Rove’s show maybe just with some slight changes. Don’t bring back Show Me The Movie though…

They already said they have renewed it.

Well that was kind of true though. They might have been bidding big but they didn’t bid enough did they?

I think they put in a bid in an excess of $960m some reports that came out after the deal was sown up.

Didn’t they actually have the winning bid but something fell through?

If they had the winning bid wouldn’t they obtain the rights?

Just make it Rove Mk. II. That format was fine, and we need a show like that on air in Australia. Could work as a 8.30pm weeknight show right after reality formats, but make it live again.

Without going too far off-topic, they did have a winning bid but CA did dirty on them by agreeing with them before pulling the red carpet from underneath them.

Back on topic, I did like some of the pilot week shows but sadly it seems the ones I liked did not translate into ratings and probably won’t be picked up. Shame but oh well.

2 Likes

Only after they were called bottom feeders by Cricket Australia.

I haven’t seen anything yet to suggest CBS are going to spend big money on Ten. All talk so far.

Early days mate, I think Ten so far in the last year have pumped out more local programming than any other network would do in 3 years!

2 Likes

The new owners will still want a return on their investment so they’re not going to just throw huge amounts of cash at everything. Increasing first run content over summer is some indication of increased investment. Likewise some hiring in the news department.

No doubt more will be known later this week

3 Likes

That is absolutely fantastic. Although I do hope that Ten also take into consideration the quality of the programs. I mean, who would prefer good (but maybe not a lot of) programming to lots of programming (which might not all be great)?

1 Like

https://www.tvblackbox.net/exclusive-the-4-shows-channel-10-has-picked-up-from-pilot-week/

Blackbox apparently has the list of shows which have been picked up:

• Trial By Kyle
  • Taboo
  • Kinne Tonight
  • Bring Back Saturday Night
2 Likes